cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring phone number from previous provider to Public mobile

brendamac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received the text from old provider to confirm I wanted to transfer my phone number to Public mobile I replied yes within the 90 mins. It looks like my phone does not work with old sim card now. Do I need to wait for an email from Public mobile confirming to change the sim card to the public mobile sim card or can I just change it now? If I need to wait for an email is there a time limit on changing the sim card? I am wondering because it said it could take up to 5 hours, does this mean I need to stay up all night waiting?

3 REPLIES 3

@brendamac wrote:

I received the text from old provider to confirm I wanted to transfer my phone number to Public mobile I replied yes within the 90 mins. It looks like my phone does not work with old sim card now. Do I need to wait for an email from Public mobile confirming to change the sim card to the public mobile sim card or can I just change it now? If I need to wait for an email is there a time limit on changing the sim card? I am wondering because it said it could take up to 5 hours, does this mean I need to stay up all night waiting?

Assuming the number porting request went though fine, there is no further action required on your part.  Some of the time (but not all the time), the phone needs to be restarted if the Public Mobile was inserted before number porting had completed.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @brendamac 

just try the Public Mobile sim.  Make sure both inbound calls and outbound calls work.

if not, then submit ticket to PM support agent and they can check the status

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Need Help? Let's chat.