cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring landline number to cell number?

Winning247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, 

I was thinking of getting a cell phone for my dad. He is currently using Bell for his landline at home. He would like to keep the same number since it's a 416 number and has been using them for decades.

Is it possible to use the same landline number as his cell number for Public Mobile? 

If yes, what would the process be?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

@Winning247 

Maybe let your Dad know the options first before getting the SIM card since some options will include a free sim.....like the CCS activation  bundles, the current free sim card when activate in store at London Drugs or at the horrible Wal-Mart booth.....then get a SIM card if needed  for your Dad.

@Winning247   If you are getting a SIM, do not get it from PM online, it could take 3 weeks for delivery

If you are getting $15 or $25 plan, you might want to go to local Kiosks and activate there to get a free sim

if you are getting $35 plan and above, you need to activate online to take advantage of the 2GBBonus (but i think it expires today, unless it is extended), get it from a local store or order from Amazon for it's Prime shipping

Good Luck, and see you in PM soon.

Winning247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you everyone for all the great information! I'll go ahead and get a new SIM card and let my dad know about the options and next steps 🙂

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

It's been awhile.....so long we got both SIM cards swaps with 2FA and number porting back in our self serve accounts! Lol!😉

😲   Number porting is self serve.    Wicked!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Winning247 

i suggest you get a NEW SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click HERE 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit HERE , or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

Please note, it may take up to 2 hours to complete mobile number transfers, and up to 3 business days for landline number transfers. You may experience mixed service during this time until the transfer is complete.

How To Activate Online visit Here  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here 

Plus, get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* when you activate on plans $35/mo+

online only for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB you know,

put it the email for it and the same email when the do a new activate, HERE  ... and about that 2GB promo code No one know expiry date, each time the say something so here a link and the say put it a email so when you like to Activate put it both code one for promo another one for refer a friend and you will receive a one-time credit of $10. the will applied with 72hr,,,, if you don't have a code for refer a friend let me know by Private Messages i will send to you,
plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. 

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with a temporary phone number and after that your contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, for the transfer your number to Public Mobile,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

@HALIMACS 

It's been awhile.....so long we got both SIM cards swaps with 2FA and number porting back in our self serve accounts! Lol!😉

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Winning247 

Yes, you can transfer a landline number to a Public Mobile service.

Before beginning the process, re the existing landline service, you'll need first and last name of account holder, complete billing address, and an alternate contact phone number.

The process can take up to 3 business days.  (previously, it may have been up to a week, however that is very unlikely)

You may experience mixed service during this process until the transfer is complete. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.

If you don’t want to wait, you can select a new number when activating, and then transfer your old landline number later by contacting the Customer Support Agent's using SIMon chatbot bubble lower right.   EDIT -- or better yet, use the self-serve feature to port the number afterwards!!!

Welcome!!!

@Winning247 

Regular landlines like bell should only take 2 days max. Best to activate with a temporary number and make sure all the services are working. Then make the port request thru self serve account. Once initiated your Dad would call bell customer service and verify he is the account holder and verbally authorize the port request. 

As he waits for the port completion he can call out on the cell phone but will still recieve calls on the landline until the port completes and then automatically start coming in on the cell phone confirming port completion.

You may want to consider this deal.....about 18 hours left.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/CCS-latest-pm-marketing/m-p/714289/highlight/t...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Winning247   Yes, he can transfer Bell landline out  and port into PM without issue

It will just take longer, 5 to 7 business days depends on the network complexity.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

He could transfer the landline number over to a cellphone.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.