cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred number to PM but eSIM and My Number in iPhone still temporary number

kd7iwp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

4 days ago I transferred my Fido number to Public Mobile and the number is working completely fine (I can send/receive SMS and calls) but when I go into my iPhone's cellular settings and look at the eSIM it still shows the old (temporary Public Mobile) number. Under Phone settings I look at My Number and it is also the old (temporary) number. iMessage also says that my number (the number I'm currently using, not the temporary one) will expire in 25 days. I've restarted the phone multiple times, there are no iOS updates and no carrier settings available. Is there generally a lag before this updates?

9 REPLIES 9

@kd7iwp all good now? glad it helps!!

kd7iwp

@softech Great suggestion. I reset networks and upon restart the number is now correct.

@kd7iwp try to click Reset All Networks and make the change once more after  (please note it will also delete your saved it Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections, you just have to manually add them back after)

If still fails, you might want to check with Apple Support as it is more an Apple iOS issue

kd7iwp

@softech  I have done that countless times already and the change is never saved. Yes, I can send/receive calls and sms on the number. Service is functioning correctly, it's just that in the settings on my iPhone 14 Pro anywhere that my number is listed it has the old Public Mobile number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kd7iwp important question, you can receive calls??

try this:

Here's what you need to do:

Open Settings. Go to ‘Phone’ and then ‘My number’.  Then manually change the number in this field.

Turn your phone on and off again to reboot the settings.

kd7iwp

@Handy1 , no the old Fido sim no longer works, as expected. 

@kd7iwp  And does your old Fido SIM card still work ?. If so the port is not complete . But you can message support to refresh your account also 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kd7iwp

@Handy1  Yes I did, that is why the number is working fine on Public Mobile. My only problem is that the old Public Mobile (temporary) number still shows up in my settings. I am correctly receiving/sending calls from my old Fido number through Public Mobile and it took less than an hour on Monday for that transfer process to work.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kd7iwp  Did your reply yes to your old providers text a message confirming the port by replying YES . Or miss the text completely. There a number for live support that can give status update on the port or re trigger it if needed . Will send you private message . As we not allowed to post it here 

Need Help? Let's chat.