cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering subscription to new phone

Mike9659
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Signed a subscription with Public Mobile last week.  Bought a new iphone today, tried to use the QR code (from last week) for my esim to install Public Mobile on my new phone.  I get a message "unable to Activate esim, contact your carrier for assistance".  What do I do to get my subscription on my new phone?

Thanks Mike

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Mike9659 wrote:

Signed a subscription with Public Mobile last week.  Bought a new iphone today, tried to use the QR code (from last week) for my esim to install Public Mobile on my new phone.  I get a message "unable to Activate esim, contact your carrier for assistance".  What do I do to get my subscription on my new phone?

Thanks Mike

@Mike9659 , please download the app on the phone that you want to install the new eSIM on then in the Public Mobile app on your phone go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page in your account to purchase an eSIM. I scrolled down & selected ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’. I think the cost is still $5 or at least it was when I purchased it to install on my new iPhone!

Edit: Although, as others have stated if you plan on or need to switch from one phone to another at times then it is best to use a physical SIM Card instead. Otherwise you will be required to purchase a new eSIM every time you want to switch devices! I chose eSIM due to I am only using one phone (my new one). It all depends on your needs.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mike9659 

The advantage of a SIM is you can pop it out of one phone and install it on another phone.

Only 1 eSIM/phone so not transferable. You need to purchase another eSIM for $5 on your new phone.

IMG_0146.png

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I do remember some mention that an esim unlike the sim card cannot be transferred to a different phone which is on it's downsides.  You can try getting in touch with one of the support reps through either the chatbot or by clicking the envelope at the top of this screen and select the pencil icon and in send to box type cs_agent and they will ask you to verify your account by responding to your inbox.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Mike9659   You can't transfer an e-sim to a new phone, you will need to log in to your account and purchase a new e-sim.  Once you install that you should be good to go.  (I'm assuming last week you had a PM e-sim in your old phone).

Need Help? Let's chat.