cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP EMERGANCY - Transferring phone number to a friend

shay1942
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I transfer my public mobile phone number to my friend? I'm stuck out of Canada and can't login to my mobile app because it send the code to my phone number which I don't have access it here. So how can I transfer my phone number to my friend?

3 REPLIES 3

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shay1942 

If you actually want to transfer the account and phone number to your friend to use going forward, once your friend has access to the account, it is possible to change the name, address and even email of the account in the profile. However, you would then have to mail your sim card to your friend back in Canada to be able to use the phone number in his phone. Alternatively, your friend should be able to purchase a new Sim card or esim in the account.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shay1942 

If you just want your Canadian friend to access your account while you are outside of Canada, you can ask your friend to login to your account using your email and password. When the website tries to send a six-digit code to your phone, have your friend click resend the code and select email and the six-digit code will be sent to your email. Once you get the six-digit code by email, you can provide it to your friend. You will only have a few minutes while the code is still valid. (It may be possible for YOU to do the same thing while you are outside of Canada, but I have not tried it yet.)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@shay1942 

You can’t transfer your number to a friend.

You will need to disable Subscribed/AutoPay on your account and click on Resend Code/Didn’t Receive Code and have it sent by email.

Need Help? Let's chat.