cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refering a friend

nelsonbaccari
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I have refered a friend over to public mobile and now am in the process of activating his account but when transfering his number over to public mobile from koodo I get this message. "Invalid phone number Please enter a valid canadian phone number. If you are transferring your Koodo prepaid number, Please contact a customer support agent by clicking need help found at the top of the screen" I did that and the bot I was having a chat with said I needed to select a new number to finish activation and then after words an agent will contact me to transfer my original phone number. I am concerned if I pick a new number I will not get my old phone number back. I do not want to loose my old phone number. Please help.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This happened to my son when we transferred to PM.  He had the temporary new number for about a week (it was during Black Friday craziness) while we got it transferred by customer service.  He had a postpaid Koodo account but it was a prepaid account at one time.  We had to send the required information to cs_agent so that it could be transferred.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nelsonbaccari 

Yes, this is normal if the Koodo is a prepaid plan then private message an CS_Agent to port the Koodo number over to PM.

If it was a postpaid plan, you skip the step.

Here is PM’s instructions for Koodo prepaid plan.

IMG_0158.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@nelsonbaccari  Are you using the app to activate ? And is it Koodo pre paid or post paid if pre paid you need to activate sim with a temp PM phone number then get support to help you transfer it . If lost paid I’ll send you porting team number private message and the can re trigger the port request  for you 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @nelsonbaccari 

Let the system pick any number. Then when you port in the number from another service, it will replace the "temp" number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I'd reach out to them as they don't often call you to do it.

If he has a Koodo number, you can check here if it's portable.

Check Eligibility to Move (koodomobile.com)

Need Help? Let's chat.