cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering phone number to public mobile

Jblanch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I put in the wrong ESN/MEID when following the process to transfer the phone number.

11 REPLIES 11

Jblanch

"Phone number not eligible for port" is the exact message. I don't remember seeing "not valid Canadian number"

@Jblanch wrote:

still getting the same 'not valid to port anymore' message even in incognito on browser

@Jblanch 

is that the exact error message?

or is the error something like "Not a valid Canadian Number"?

If you got "Not a valid Canadian Number" error, that is a problem with your first attempt already hold up the porting request, you need to message PM support to release that on the system  (because the first attempt likely "crashed", hence porting team you called didn't see the porting request yet)

@Jblanch wrote:

still getting the same 'not valid to port anymore' message even in incognito on browser

If the porting team cannot help and you've exhausted options, I suggest sending a message to support for their assistance using the link below.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jblanch

@Jblanch wrote:

tried going on the app and it says phone number not eligible for port anymore

@Jblanch , I wonder if the porting team was wrong that there is no record of your number transfer.  Can you try again using a computer and incognito mode on the browser.  

Jblanch

tried going on the app and it says phone number not eligible for port anymore

@Jblanch wrote:

called the number and it says a transfer request doesn't exist for the current phone number

@Jblanch , if this is the case then you can resubmit the transfer request.  I suggest using account number for verification instead of ESN/MEID.

Jblanch

called the number and it says a transfer request doesn't exist for the current phone number

Jblanch

okay i will try this

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

You can also reach a CS Agent via this link to get help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jblanch  No worries I’ll send you the porting team number private message and just give them old providers account number and ignore the IMEI and get it fixed 

Need Help? Let's chat.