cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering my phone number from Freedom Mobile to public Mobile

Ying2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How i can make a seconde request toTransfer my phone number from Freedom Mobile to public Mobile ? Because Freedom Mobile told me that i need to make a new request from my new Public Mobile account.

4 REPLIES 4

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Ying2  I have sent a phone number to call to your community inbox to fix your porting issue.  Check for it at the envelope icon top right, or tap your avatar to the right of the bell icon for Messages.

sam01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If your request is still pending on the app you won’t be able to request a second transfer.

you’ll need to contact the agent by sending a DM to CS_agent

@softech wrote:

Last, put the PM sim back to a phone, reboot every 15 mins and test incoming call.  If incoming calls come to your PM sim card, then the port is completed and your Freedom account will be closed as part of the porting process

I agree that restarting the device is sometimes necessary (but not always).  However, the customer shouldn't need to keep trying that every 15 minutes as Public Mobile now send a text message when porting is complete to customers advising them when to reboot the phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ying2 

make sure your Freedom account is still active

then login to My Account, go to Profile page and click Transfer Phone number. Enter the phone number and Freedom account number as the porting info and follow the steps

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/transfer-phone-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/transfer-phone-number

once submitted, put the Freedom sim card back in a phone and Freedom should set you a text for your authorization to port, reply YES within 90 mins

Last, put the PM sim back to a phone, reboot every 15 mins and test incoming call.  If incoming calls come to your PM sim card, then the port is completed and your Freedom account will be closed as part of the porting process

Need Help? Let's chat.