cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer

Roofie2018
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to get my IME number but when I press #06# it says error.. why? 

14 REPLIES 14

@Roofie2018 wrote:

Yes i have the IMEI number but when I go in to transfer the number will not work with Koodo. The number is invalid 

@Roofie2018   Yes, IMEI is not a reliable info for porting.  I am surprise you said the Account number gave you trouble too.

Is your PM account currently active?

But you are lucky, as @Lieux  said, call Koodo and they can just move you from PM to Koodo, we are one big happy family afterall  🙂

Koodo Public mobile and Telus are the same company. So call Koodo and ask them that you want to port your public mobile number to their company. Keep your public mobile sim in your phone. You will need to answer a text to approve the transfer.

Roofie2018

Koodo 

Roofie2018

Yes i have the IMEI number but when I go in to transfer the number will not work with Koodo. The number is invalid 

On Android, go to Settings > About > IMEI to see the IMEI number. Tap Status and scroll down to see the IMEI information. On an iPhone, tap Settings > General > About and scroll down to IMEI

@Roofie2018   which provider?  usually they only need Account number

can you get the IMEI from your phone's about screen? what phone you have?

@Roofie2018  Check underneath the battery of your device??

Roofie2018

I have my account number from my page but it will not work with the transfer 

@Roofie2018  It’s better to use your account number. Check in your self serve page.

Roofie2018

It will not work I tried that and error comes up 

Roofie2018

I am leaving public mobile and going with another company. And I want to transfer number

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Roofie2018  For the IMEI it’s *#06# but check what Softec explained.

Roofie2018

My account number will not work. I put it in when transferring. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Roofie2018 are you transferring into PM or out?

it is best to use account number as porting info instead of IMEI, less chance of error 

To get your IMEI, chexk the phone About screen or check the box it came with of you still have it

Need Help? Let's chat.