cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer to another provider

Zainik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get PM to transfer my phone number to another provider? A ticket has been created, but Public Mobile failed to act on my request

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Uhm... @Zainik 

Your new provider failed to act.

It is incumbent on them to request and "pull" the number from another provider.

Companies that are being 'left from' will never spend an exorbitant amount of time helping one of their customers leave them ... think if it as them leaving your stuff on their front yard for someone else to come take.

Make sure your public mobile account remains active until the port is complete.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You do not need a ticket to transfer out your number.

1. Keep both account active

2. Initiate porting at other provider

3. Keep PM SIM in your phone and reply Yes within 90 minutes after receiving authorization SMS from PM.

Your PM account will be immediately deleted and you will have no access to it anymore and it is not recoverable. All $ on account and rewards, if any will, be lost.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Zainik   have you request the porting from your new provider yet?

if not, you have to start the process on the new provider side, Not PM side.  Please start from your new provider

but if your new provider already started the porting process and you didn't receive the sms form PM  for your authorization to port out the line, then yes, you will have to open ticket with PM CS agent.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Zainik @You start port request from the provider you plan to go with , leaving pm SIM card in phone until you receive a confirmation text from pm to port @ that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text to port 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Zainik 

When you port out of PM, all the work is done by the new provider.

You should be asking your new provider to ask for the port request.

Just make sure that your PM account is still active and  PM sim card is in your phone until you get the port request text.

Need Help? Let's chat.