cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer to another provider

pm-justin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new customer and subscribed yesterday. If I find a better deal from another provider and want to switch to them, will PM refund me the $34 I paid yesterday? Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pm-justin wrote:

I am a new customer and subscribed yesterday. If I find a better deal from another provider and want to switch to them, will PM refund me the $34 I paid yesterday? Thanks 

As everyone said, no. BUT if you want to sign up with someone else who has a better offering for BF, you could sign up with them now with a new number, then when you get close to the end of the month with PM, port your number then. It's awkward but if the someone else has a cheaper low-end plan, or a better Canada-US plan, it might be worth it to avoid losing the $34.  (e.g. maybe you want lots of Canada-US data, or you want to rent a Samsung Fold 5 for 2 years for $75/mo plus the cost of a plan. [sarcasm; at that point I'd probably buy the Fold outright if I wanted one]

If you got a new # when you signed up with PM and don't care about it, just make sure you have autopay turned off and it will stop working after 30 days. You can use or not use it for the 30 days.

I realize this requires you to double-pay for the next month, so it depends how good that "other" BF offer is. 🙂

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @pm-justin,

Public Mobile is a prepaid cellphone service so you are essentially paying up for the next 30 to 90 days of cellphone service depending on the frequency of your billing cycle. We wouldn't be entitled to a refund if we decide to leave in the middle of our cycle. That being said, if your fear is that Public Mobile will fall behind in terms of plans being offered compared to their competitors, you shouldn't worry. Public Mobile tends to have really good offers that are usually similar if not the same as their competitors. They also regular have promotions on their site so make sure to check back regularly. They might also reach out to you directly by text message with a flash sale. Last but not least, you are entitled to a points system which allows you to save more money off your cellphone bill. This is something that competitors do not offer.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pm-justin 

No refunds at Public Mobile. See last bullet.

E01D1D3D-2315-43A5-8150-78A74DB41CFA.jpeg

arbbie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM is pay upfront/ahead (i.e. pre-paid) so no pro-ration if you do not complete the month/cycle

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@pm-justin  No PM is pre paid and no refunds best to at least use the service untill the last few days of your current plan cycle and transfer to another company to save money 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @pm-justin 

Sadly no. It's pre paid service. There are no refunds for pre paid service. 

Need Help? Let's chat.