cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer request not sent to old provider

stephnatstl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good afternoon,  I have activated a new SIM. From a PM perspective it seems like it all worked properly.  But, from my old provider, when I tried to call, they said they didn't receive the request for transfer.  How can PM resend the request for the phone number transfer?

5 REPLIES 5

@stephnatstl   glad it is sorted.  Reboot your phone ever 15 mins and make a call to yourself from another number.  If your PM phone rings, you are all set!!

stephnatstl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, all thanks, @softech has sent me a phone number for PM porting.  and they were able to fix it.  It seem like it will work in a few minutes!

Thanks all and have a great day!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@stephnatstl 

Common mistake for new members to putting in the PM SIM hoping to get the text…you need to leave your old carrier SIM in the phone to confirm that you are porting your old number to PM. There is a 90 minutes window for you to reply.

I hope you didn’t threw it away.

If you missed this window or didn’t leave the old SIM in the phone. You will need to contact a CS_Agent on this Community page via private message or create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot to restart the porting process.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@stephnatstl @Hi you must leave old sim in your phone to receive request you must reply yes within 90 minutes 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@stephnatstl   

Did you request porting at the same time when you activate 

Your old provider should have sent you a text and you need to reply within 90 mins 

No worry, there is a live support team you can call and re-trigger the text.  I will private message you the phone number. Please check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

Need Help? Let's chat.