cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer out

Jessie-T
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transferred out from PM to other provider on June 1,2024, PM charged my monthly payment for $27.3 on May 30, my circle billing is starting at 14th every month, I didn’t receive any refund, so I pm the agent and requested, and I received email saying: Public mobile is a prepaid provider and we do not have proration. 
I am not a prepaid customer, I am a monthly customer, why I can’t get the 14 days monthly fee back?

I heard customer will get a refund when  move out, what happened to my case?

5 REPLIES 5

@Jessie-T wrote:

I remember at the 14th of February few years ago, so I thought the circle is starting at 14th every month, I probably misunderstood. So the amount I paid on May 30th is for the whole month of June?

You paid for the next 30 days service. Unfortunately, you won't get a refund on it.

Jessie-T
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I remember at the 14th of February few years ago, so I thought the circle is starting at 14th every month, I probably misunderstood. So the amount I paid on May 30th is for the whole month of June?

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jessie-T, you only get the prorated amount back from post-paid providers which are the types of plans that can also add additional roaming or overage charges. Public Mobile being prepaid does not provide prorated refunds for early cancellation but on the plus side they also don't have any additional charges so you know exactly what your bill will be each month

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jessie-T 

PM is  on 30 days cycle and renewal date changes.  So, it won't be "14th every month".  I fact, it have been moving up and hence you got the renewal earlier than expected

and sorry, PM is prepaid, so no refund 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jessie-T 

well, you heard wrong. As a prepaid service, you pay upfront for 30 days service. If you go elsewhere before the 30 days...you get no refund. Sorry bud.

Need Help? Let's chat.