cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Town/City not included in list for 'Profile'

BabakR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure why or how but I just checked out the newly designed account UI and in the profile section noticed that my town is empty, when I type it in, the pull down menu options which are listed alphabetically do not include my town and I am unable to actually enter my town by typing it in, since apparently it has to be one of the prepopulated choices in the cell.

This is very strange! Any idea what's going on and how to fix it? Thank you

15 REPLIES 15

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@softech wrote:

@BabakR 

You can still leave it blank if you want to

And honest, the address on the profile is not that important.  PM is a prepaid provider and they don't really care of the address.   This address on Profile has nothing to do with the address on credit card. 

The city name can only be left blank if it was deleted by Public Mobile during this Self Serve redesign phase.  If a new customer is signing up or if a customer wishes to make a change to an existing account's profile, the city can't be left blank as the website won't allow the customer to proceed to the next step of saving the changes.

@computergeek541   do you know if PM will add the missing cities back or change it to a text field to enter?  I just don't want to see people randomly put in something, then when ask to validate the address and failed at the city

I haven't heard of any plans for Public Mobile to make any change, but I have discussed this matter with someone from Public Mobile and have informed them of several very critical comments by customers about all of this (I've even made some of them myself). While this issue doesn't affect anyone's service, there's really no excuse for the Self Serve website not to accept proper residential and business street addresses.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@softech wrote:

@BabakR 

And honest, the address on the profile is not that important.  PM is a prepaid provider and they don't really care of the address.   This address on Profile has nothing to do with the address on credit card. 

The city name can only be left blank if it was deleted by Public Mobile during this Self Serve redesign phase.  If a new customer is signing up or if a customer wishes to make a change to an existing account's profile, the city can't be left blank as the website won't allow the customer to proceed to the next step of saving the changes.

@computergeek541   do you know if PM will add the missing cities back or change it to a text field to enter?  I just don't want to see people randomly put in something, then when ask to validate the address and failed at the city

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

These aren’t small cities missing. Mississuaga, Markham, Richmond Hill.  It’s not Wawa or Dryden.

@softech wrote:

@BabakR 

@Jonavin wrote:

Still broken.  Can't pick some large cities. It really should just be a free-form text or auto-look up using postal code.  I don't understand how it leaves out major cities.

A drop down list is suppsed to make things more convenient so someone doesn't have to type things out. However, what Public Mobile has done is prevent people from typing in a city name and because something in the list wasn't selected, the system refuses to allow you to save the change.

@will13am wrote:

@BabakR , is it possible that your location is rolled up into a larger community that include a number of smaller towns?

That has happened in some cases (xamples Scarborough vs. Toronto) but the reverse is also true (example:  Hespeler/Cambridge). with an old community name being used   It's clear that rate centre names are being used rather than officail and current municipality names. However, even then, the list is very much incomplete.  I don't see any choices of Mississauga (or any of the smaller communities that make up Mississauga).

@Jonavin- Or just not bother. None of that information is used anywhere else or for any purpose. It would have been nice if they let us edit the account email address though.

Jonavin

Still broken.  Can't pick some large cities. It really should just be a free-form text or auto-look up using postal code.  I don't understand how it leaves out major cities.

Jonavin

I noticed that MARKHAM or RICHMOND HILL is not an option... amongst others.  If they force yo to use a dropdown, at least have some of the largest cities in the province listed .

@dust2dust wrote:

@softech- Well that sucks. It should be like the others.

sorry.. updated.. you were right.. it is GONE GONE

@softech- Well that sucks. It should be like the others.

@dust2dust wrote:

@softech- The address entry is gone. It's now like the activation screen. Number, expiry, postal code, cvv. Much better.

@dust2dust   They still have the address entry for new credit card .. just address gone if you are updating

No,  I was wrong.. it's GONE GONE

@softech- The address entry is gone. It's now like the activation screen. Number, expiry, postal code, cvv. Much better.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BabakR 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BabakR , is it possible that your location is rolled up into a larger community that include a number of smaller towns?

Need Help? Let's chat.