cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing call minutes - They don't refresh every month?

ShangWang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I noticed that every month my outgoing total 100 minute calls does not refresh every month, only when it's been fully used up.

Is this intentional or just a glitch? If it is intentional, why is it like this?

6 REPLIES 6

@ShangWang wrote:

I see, so if I use 50 minutes in one month, I should get 100 minutes again the next month correct? I'm not sure if I really used that many minutes outgoing so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't still have 50 minutes left the next month if I don't use up all the time.

You got it. If you only use up 50 minutes of calling minutes by the time your regular plan renewal occurs...you'll lose whatever is left (50 minutes) and then you start over with a fresh batch of 100 minutes.

That's why it's a great idea to have the $5 / 500 minute add-on. The add-on minutes don't expire until you use 'em up.

Alternative ?...upgrade to $25 / 30 day plan with unlimited Canada wide calling minutes...( as long as those calls are made within Canada).

Yes, it's like data...it just starts over again. No banking of minutes. A couple providers do that. Not here.

ShangWang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see, so if I use 50 minutes in one month, I should get 100 minutes again the next month correct? I'm not sure if I really used that many minutes outgoing so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't still have 50 minutes left the next month if I don't use up all the time.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

With the $15 plan, you'll get a fresh batch of 100 minutes of Canada wide calling, whenever you regular renewal occurs. (Any unused regular plan minutes are gone)

With that plan, it's a good idea to get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on, in case you run over your 100 regular plan minutes. At plan renewal...any unused add-on minutes just roll over until you use them up..even if that takes several months or more.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShangWang hi I have the same plan,it replenishes at the begining of each new cycle if I use the full 100 outgoing minutes, I have my five dollar 500 minute add on to fall back on 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ShangWang 

PM refreshes the data counter and minute counter at the beginning of each new cycle. (Remember, PM is using a 30 days cycle and not monthly)

Also, unused minutes for your regular "monthly" bucket won't carry over to the next month

You just started a new cycle?  can you post a screenshot?

Need Help? Let's chat.