cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topping up more than $100 will block credit card

Mcchen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you topped up more than $100 using a credit card. Then that same credit card will block off Public Mobile.

So I tried a few times, and now 3 of my credit cards will not work with Public Mobile anymore.

I wonder what's going on in the background.

16 REPLIES 16

Mcchen

All of my 3 credit cards aren't being accepted by Public Mobile anymore. I will just stick with my 4th card, no need to trouble the mods.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mcchen wrote:

If you topped up more than $100 using a credit card. Then that same credit card will block off Public Mobile.

So I tried a few times, and now 3 of my credit cards will not work with Public Mobile anymore.

@Mcchen - now that time has past, are you able to use one of your cards?

If not, i'd submit a ticket to CSA and get they to look into it, as it is likely something on their end.

@Mcchen   if you like, you can open a ticket with PM support and see if they see any problem with that particular card and if they can help to put it back on the system for you

Mcchen

I just called my credit card companies, and they indicated that none of them placed a block on Public Mobile.

I guess it's Public Mobile who blocked a card when frequent and large amounts were being charged to a single credit card. My guess is that Public Mobile might detect my card as a stolen card and prevented me from placing further charges.

Mcchen

Thanks all for your inputs.

Mcchen

I'd figure the same. I will give one of them a call and see what's going on, when I have time.

@Mcchen wrote:

I'm unaware of any blocking of credit cards by Public Mobile for topping up $100 using a credit card.  Some customers are on 90-day plans that are more expnesive than $100, as have I in the past.  I have use different credit cards at Public Mobile and have never been blocked by the card issuer either for charging more than $100.  I suspect that your card issuer considers this to be an unusual transaction and that you card may be locked out for transactions from any merchant.

Mcchen

Yes, I am aware of that. I kept my 4th credit card on file. I just won't manually top up anymore.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mcchen   I notice you've been a community member since 2018 and if you've also been a customer since then or before Jan. 25th/2022 then you would be on the old rewards and will receive the $2 autopay discount (along with loyalty/RAF) as long as you keep a payment card (Debit Visa/MC or CC) and have autopay enabled.  If your account is showing the extra funds that you inadvertently added, then that balance will be drawn first for your next renewal so it might be a good idea to keep the CC on account and autopay enabled to not lose out on the $2 renewal discount.

HI@Mcchen   weird.  PM usually do not have a lock like that for that long

start by submit ticket with PM first and check what they say

if you still unable to make calls, open ticket with CS agent 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Mcchen

I have like 5 accounts. So there should be some funds in certain accounts.

Well, it's been 3 weeks now, the first credit card that was blocked has not been unlocked yet.

I don't know if I should call my credit card company to see if there is a block on Public Mobile. I hate calling them because the wait will be super long. I don't have time for that lol.

All the 3 credit cards that do not accept Public Mobile charges are working fine else where. I topped up my Amazon account with them, and it worked.

Hi @Mcchen that were expensive tests!! LoL

So, you have couple hundred bucks in Available Fund now?

next time, if you need to text, try to wait an hour.  PM has a fraud lock system but only for one hour

Mcchen

It will go through and then it won't be blocked immediately. Maybe it took couple of minutes.

The first instance happened by accident. I meant to top up $20, but instead it topped $200. Then I was having issues charging anything from Public Mobile to the same credit card.

So for like a week or so, I couldn't pay Public Mobile. I tried everything but no luck.

Then I decided to use a different credit card. And it worked. Then I tried to top up $150 or so, and it went through. However, I couldn't put any further charges from Public Mobile on this credit card anymore.

So I tried a 3rd credit card. Same result.

I am not going to try it on my 4th credit card. Just going to top up automatically going forward.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@Mcchen that is new.  But the top-up of over $100 will go through and then got blocked?

and why you need to top up that much? you are on the 90 days plan?

If you need to try again, please wait an hour first and then you can try.  Fraud lock is usually just an hour

Mcchen

Well, it was first a typo. Then all of the sudden this credit card blocked from all Public Mobile charges (any amount) for all my other accounts.

So I went to try again with another 2 credit cards, same result. I am on my 4th credit card, but I won't attempt that again.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mcchen    Interesting...  What plan are you on?  I'd be wary about depositing too much for a prepaid service though.

Need Help? Let's chat.