cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topped up my data plan twice, and it worked for 5 minutes before stopping

cblue888
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I ran out of data and my plan and chose to top my data up with 250 MB for 10$. That ran out very quickly - all I did between buying and it expiring was use Google Maps. I topped it up again yesterday at work, and without even leaving wifi or touching my phone at all, my data ran out again. Either it never worked, or something is wrong. 250 MB is not alot, but I have paid 20$ for what was certainly not even close to 500MB.

Please assist.

7 REPLIES 7

River
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes mobile data in data usage. If it is not on wifi it will use the data on data plan.

River

Yes when I left data plan it used the data.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@River wrote:

You need to leave wifi off. when not in use.

Do you mean leave data off? And you don't need to there are easy ways to manage data usage without turning data on and off

jp2

@River wrote:

Do you mean leave data off? And you don't need to there are easy ways to manage data usage without turning data on and off. 

River

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Login to your account and look under Data & Add-ons. No data showing means it has been used. The PM data tracker is rarely wrong; usually it's the phone operating in the background, or if an iPhone wifi assist has been left ON.

Whenever you have used up data before your plan renews there are 3 choices:

a) data add-ons as you have tried,

b) changing immediately to a new plan with a bigger data allowance,

c) making a payment equal to your current plan cost then requesting the moderators activate your current plan early.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jp2

Check your phones data use tracker to see what is using all of your data. Let us know there may be some setting that need changed 

Need Help? Let's chat.