cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To suspend account

SHOBI1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I suspend my A/c during the period I am out of country for five months. My phno is 1-###-###-####

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@SHOBI1 , you can self manage your subscription while you are away.  Go into the self serve account, payment tab and manage subscription from there.  Just stop auto payment and let the account go into suspension.  At about 85 days into the suspension, restore the subscription.  Rinse and repeat until you are back.  The reason the account needs to be restore to active status periodically is that after 90 days of suspension, it will be deactivated and you won't be able to bring it back to life.  I suspect you will only need to do 2 of these 90 day cycles to bridge your time away.  

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You can suspend for up to 90 days by turning off the Subscription (auto pay) option and ensuring you don't have any funds loaded to your account. You'll want to reactivate it around day 85, because if you leave it inactive for the full 90 days you'll lose your number and your account. At day 85 you can load money and reactivate your old plan, or you can switch to the cheapest $15 plan. Let the account reactivate, then after that 30 day cycle you can let it go dormant for another 90 (85) days.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SHOBI1 

Hello!

If you go into your account and go to the payments section, then manage subscription, you can select to turn off autopay (subscription). 

Once a payment isn’t made your account will be suspended and you’ll have 90 days to make a payment before the account will be closed and your number will be lost. As long as you make a payment before the 90 days, preferably like day 85 or something from when the account gets put on hold you will be good. Rinse and repeat for as long as you need in order to keep your number.

You can also drop to a cheaper plan so that you don’t have to pay the full amount to keep it active. If you switch to a cheaper plan switch on renewal if it renews before you leave or switch immediately right before you leave. Then the 90 days will start after the 30 days of the cheaper plan. 

Need Help? Let's chat.