cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Those who sign up for the 15$ or 25$ plan should be careful

Sandbox1921
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After having talked to a few people over with the chat, they all assured me that the 15$ plan was still available, some of them weren't sure how one would still get it, some told me that you had to open a community ticket to get it.

Upon doing so, I was basically told "Just get the 39$ plan for one month, pay for it, then swap to the 15$ plan next month lol" as the 15$ plan is no longer available for activation.

With all of this being as shady as it is, note that there is absolutely no guarantee that they would still proceed with what they said and, if anything, by the time the single month with the 39$ plan would be over, it would be entirely possible for public mobile to just have completely tossed it out.

23 REPLIES 23

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow reposting this since the edit I used triggered the magic disappear, just check out the tutorial to generally use Android apps on Windows here: How to Use and Sideload Android Apps in Windows 11 | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

thanks @XionBunny   I hope it works!!

Good tips @XionBunny   

I heard of windows sideload Android app,  do you have a site to show the steps?  I am interested

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is one work around if you have a windows pc, you can use the native Android support built into windows 11 and side load the public mobile app, and activate that way, just stating that for those who don't have a phone, or weren't aware they could do that, though that could still be confusing for the less tech savvy folks, but it still is an option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sandbox1921 is right imho.  There should be the same functionality of their site on web and the app.  If they're offering the $15 plan they should be up front with it or stop offering if it's not been mandated by the CRTC as some have alluded to.  It's a bit shifty to either require new customers to buy a more expensive plan in order to see the $15 plan and down grade next billing cycle or require the customer to use their app to sign up.  Personally I prefer a larger screen to work with and the ease to take screenshots from a desktop.  

I prefer to think this is just growing pains from moving to this new platform but it doesn't look good on PM who is trying to appeal to the budget conscious.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Sandbox1921 , it’s a shame that a CSA can’t/won’t help you activate on the $15 plan! 😕

Sandbox1921

It is indeed the least one could do.

@Sandbox1921  It’s all been mentioned around here with any change you make it’s good idea to screen shot it so you can prove to support to honour the change shoukd auto pay fail on renewal 

Sandbox1921

Seems like the only way to go about this, you are right.

Sandbox1921

This goes back to my previous point; They are hiding the 3G plan, there is no guarantee that the renewal will go through, they will most likely just remove it at all for activation and keep it for those who already had it activated.

hi @Sandbox1921 i think you really need to find a friend with smartphone to get $15 plan

@Sandbox1921 wrote:

That's the reason why you see it. I just want the 15$ plan. I dont want to have to subscribe to the 39$ for a month and then swap to the 15$, that's a 25$ fee for everybody who wants the 15$ plan and it goes back to what I said in my first post; If you do it, there is no guarantee that the 15$ plan will still be there in a month.

Do @softech mentioned above that using PM app,  then you will have $15 plan.

@Sandbox1921  But if you do it , then once’s activated then schedule plan change for next renewl on it … but it should be there for activation 

Sandbox1921

Don't have the app neither do I know someone who would be kind enough to lend their phone to register to the plan.

Sandbox1921

That's the reason why you see it. I just want the 15$ plan. I dont want to have to subscribe to the 39$ for a month and then swap to the 15$, that's a 25$ fee for everybody who wants the 15$ plan and it goes back to what I said in my first post; If you do it, there is no guarantee that the 15$ plan will still be there in a month.

@Sandbox1921 the 3G plans are on the app activation 

3GPlans_Watermarked.jpg

@Sandbox1921  I do yes 

Sandbox1921

Do you already have subscribed to a plan ? On my side, it's not there and I was told that I would have to subscribe to the 39$ plan in order to see it from my web browser..Scrn03.png

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Sandbox1921 wrote:

After having talked to a few people over with the chat, they all assured me that the 15$ plan was still available, some of them weren't sure how one would still get it, some told me that you had to open a community ticket to get it.

Upon doing so, I was basically told "Just get the 39$ plan for one month, pay for it, then swap to the 15$ plan next month lol" as the 15$ plan is no longer available for activation.

With all of this being as shady as it is, note that there is absolutely no guarantee that they would still proceed with what they said and, if anything, by the time the single month with the 39$ plan would be over, it would be entirely possible for public mobile to just have completely tossed it out.

I just login my self service account, click" Subscriptions and Add-on", click "Change Subscription" , $15 plan and $25 plan are still there.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sandbox1921  The $15 plan is still there

Handy1_0-1685228442000.png

@Sandbox1921 I guess for those without a smartphone, they need someone to help to activate with app

Website activation with 3G plans worked one day but they removed it

Sandbox1921

Should've mentioned, those steps above that I was guided to do are for those who have older phones and cannot activate through the app. I have mentioned it to the person on the ticket too and they have even asked me to use a web browser in order to complete the subscription .

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Sandbox1921 you get it via App.  My friend just joined today with app and got the $25

I think J_Pm also confirmed the 3G plans are there on one of the replies this week 

Need Help? Let's chat.