cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is something I think PM needs to consider at some point

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

The Unlimited Data for the 5G I believe is a Major Mistake, the Add-On Option I think is the Correct Option as I think the Unlimited Data is Not without it's Drawbacks

One, Unlimited Plans, Wouldn't that Not Allow for Tethering, that at times would serve some purpose for Small Tasks If On Vacation in area with No Wi-Fi

Also, would the Ability for an 5G Separate  Add-On Separate be more prudent, so as to give the PM Clients the Option to switch between the 4G LTE and 5G, so as to give the PM Clients More Added Layer of Control on what they need, so, Current Plans 4G, and when subscribed to a 30 or 90 Day 5G Speed, the 4G in the Plan would have access to the 5G Speeds, almost like how the Add-Ons Data work currently?

Just saying, I think the Current Plan system with the Unlimited Data associated with the 5G Plans is Not the Best way

If PM could tweak this, allowing existing PM Clients with Grandfathered Plans to Access the 5G W/O requiring the need to change plans, that would be more suitable for the Market 

14 REPLIES 14

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @makkahn28   I think if you ask Telus, they don't want to do that too.  But everyone is doing unlimited in reduced speed, they have to react

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Re: 5g specific add ons, that's not how it works. The throttle is put on our accounts, not on the plan. When you change from a 3G to a 4G plan (or 5g), you'll recall it takes up to 48 hours for the plan speed to kick in, because someone in the background gets a list of who upgraded their plans and needs to remove the throttle. They don't have a way of just interchanging your speed everytime you buy an add on.

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@makkahn28 wrote:

The Unlimited Data for the 5G I believe is a Major Mistake, the Add-On Option I think is the Correct Option as I think the Unlimited Data is Not without it's Drawbacks

One, Unlimited Plans, Wouldn't that Not Allow for Tethering, that at times would serve some purpose for Small Tasks If On Vacation in area with No Wi-Fi

Good luck doing much of anything meaningful at 512K speed after using the full speed allotment,

2Data speeds reduced to a maximum of 512Kbps after your included high-speed data bucket is exhausted. Speed may vary with your device, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management policies and other factors. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Network Traffic Management Policies here for further information.

@gb23 , I think PM at very least has beaten them to 5G, and that when they add more, The rest will fall in line

Very Least what Fido and VM have, Postpaid and Roam

PM Must surely match that soon

gb23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't see Fido and Virgin letting PM have 5G and not them. Once they switch over Koodo will as well. 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@makkahn28 Those things are more likely and with the direction that public mobile will likely be headed towards, we might even see international roaming at some point.

fixed grammar

@XionBunny , I do hope PM will also at some point, Expand the List of Countries on the Global L-D as well as the Roaming list too

That would add some Value as well

If PM is to relish the Term Premium, These would give PM the Image of Premium

The Add-On System does work well at least

Also, if they can consider giving Us access to More of the Global Short Codes, and the Option to top up, and use like a Pay-Per-Use

That would not be Impossible

Also, If PM had a Postpaid Model too, But like the Prepaid, No Call Center, All online, DIYS, BYOD, that would give PM Clients even better Options too

XionBunny

@makkahn28 in regards to why I think that they repositioned themselves in the more premium space as I said earlier they offered 5G to this brand over Koodo and then re-organized the plan structure to look more attractive than theirs in certain ways, Telus clearly gave this brand direction to target a specific more premium segment of the market, while still keeping the overhead costs down and generating more revenue for them in the long run, there are still some features that don't make them exactly full premium yet, but that's because they want to keep the overhead low here while maximizing ARPU Profits.

@XionBunny , Grandfathered Plans, I am aware the Fees will remain the same, even If Raised a bit over time, That I have no issues with, Just the Option to access 5G without having to Say Goodbye to the Grandfathered Plan

XionBunny

@makkahn28 I'm not disagreeing that maybe they offer more addon choice and flexibility to us lower tier legacy plan customers, they aren't aiming to sell lower priced plans now, so they likely won't be reverting any of the changes, your ideas aren't bad, just complicated and not high ARPU generating.

@XionBunny , Curious, what do you think PM is heading to, in regards to a Premium Flanker Brand?

That would be an interesting debate

@XionBunny , Though that could be a possibility, But, then, People said PM wouldn't have access to 5G or VoLTE, or other stuff, in the Past

With PM moving up the Appletree, Hopefully PM would have More Flexibility and Options available

XionBunny

Won't happen, they care more about making money on the tiered plan system, this brand has positioned itself as a more premium flanker brand with a do-it-your-self style of choice, plus what you're proposing no other brand does and is counterintuitive to the new "simple" plan structure they are aiming for now while aiming for the more premium segment crowd. Telus rolled out 5G here before ever giving it to Koodo, the writing is pretty much on the wall where this brand is going now.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

The Add-On Data, I believe should be where they do NOT expire, But stay Until Used Up, Or, when A/C not topped up and after 90 Days from the Time the Suspension in in effect, then A/C Zapped to Sleep Permanently

I also think PM needs to make an Add-On where if on Vacation, the ability to put the Plan on Vacation mode, keeping the Plan and Price intact, if on Vacation for more than a few Months, this way, Not to Lose the Grandfathered Plans in ANY capacity

Need Help? Let's chat.