cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The children smart watch

Naveed12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My daughter’s children smart watch doesn’t detect the SIM card. I checked  the SIM card with my telephone, it’s working and as well as I restarted the watch many times but still doesn’t work. 

10 REPLIES 10

I had the pendant 4G.  It let my kids call home without all the social media stuff I don’t want them having.  It did work, but it had to have the APN set for Public Mobile.  Same with the hotspot I bought, but not from lil tracker.  I had to change the settings and then reboot, which was not obvious.  It seems to work well now.  I use the hotspot for wifi to the watch on family setup.

@Moon_mack wrote:

I used a child's smart watch (actually a pendant) with a nano SIM a number of years ago.  To make it work with Public Mobile I had to change the APN settings.  This, however, was done via a text message to the watch so I'm not sure if that is working with yours.  The watch couldn't text message for the user, but you could send / receive a text for changing settings.

BTW The watch was a lil Tracker.  I'm not sure what you've got or if it's similar as I think a number of the watches are rebrands of the same device.  We kept the pendant until my son was bicycling and it smashed against the handle bars ... oh well.  We're using an Apple Watch now, but that required a mobile hotspot to get it working with Public Mobile (and another round of fighting with the APN settings).

Which model of Lil Tracker is it?  The current versions sold through official Canadian distribution sales channels should work just fine at Public Mobile.

@ddjiaqi wrote:

the watch not support the PM sim card frequency, so it will not work sadly

Based on the information provided so far, there isn't any way to know that.

ddjiaqi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

the watch not support the PM sim card frequency, so it will not work sadly

Moon_mack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I used a child's smart watch (actually a pendant) with a nano SIM a number of years ago.  To make it work with Public Mobile I had to change the APN settings.  This, however, was done via a text message to the watch so I'm not sure if that is working with yours.  The watch couldn't text message for the user, but you could send / receive a text for changing settings.

BTW The watch was a lil Tracker.  I'm not sure what you've got or if it's similar as I think a number of the watches are rebrands of the same device.  We kept the pendant until my son was bicycling and it smashed against the handle bars ... oh well.  We're using an Apple Watch now, but that required a mobile hotspot to get it working with Public Mobile (and another round of fighting with the APN settings).

Naveed12

I have changed the in my mobiles settings for this SIM card Preferred network type from 5G to 4G. 

@eddieO wrote:

@Naveed12 I'm quite sure that Public Mobile does not work on smart watches including the Apple Watch etc. only phones

There's nothing stopping a smartwatch itself from being used at Public Mobile.  If the phone has a SIM card slot (which ths customer's watch does) and is compatible with the network types and frequencies, it will work at Public Mobile.  In the case of an Apple watch, Public Mobile is disallowing the eSIM registration.

Naveed12

She used a SIM card before, the same but from different operator. It was working

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Naveed12 I'm quite sure that Public Mobile does not work on smart watches including the Apple Watch etc. only phones

@Naveed12 wrote:

My daughter’s children smart watch doesn’t detect the SIM card. I checked  the SIM card with my telephone, it’s working and as well as I restarted the watch many times but still doesn’t work. 

I'm suspecting a possible network type/network frequency issue.  Which model watch is this?

Need Help? Let's chat.