Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts are Unreliable

Charanth182
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Everyone,

In a way this is a continuation of my previous post

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Texts-Stopped-Sending/m-p/65114#M16469 but in many ways its not.

I'm having trouble with texting.it seems to be on the recieving end. for the last three days i appear to be getting at most 20% of the texts being sent to me (and that's 20% of those i KNOW about). On the other end it says "sent" but they think its all good. This is with mutiple people. As far as I know my texts are sending fine (hense why this isn't really related to the last post). 

I recently switched to the new global text plans, because i wanted to get data and global text is all that exists now. I don't know if this is part of it.

I have done multiple soft resets, switched text prorgrams, cleared cache. Nothing seems to have improved the situation. I dont' want to hard reset but its the only thing i can think of. Any ideas?

Acer Liquid Z320 with Android Lollipop 5.1 primarily using Messenger.

5 REPLIES 5

Charanth182

Hi @Mary_M

Update: its gone from about 10% getting through to about 80%, but randomly things are still being blocked. Some of which are important.

If i had a block on their numbers wouldn't all of the texts be blocked? The main person i've tested with is my wife (as its the easiest person to say "can you send me test messages through the day?" and i'm getting some but not all of her messages. So far the only correlation i've found is proximity, it works more frequently when she's close.

I'll send you a PM with my number but as its not consitantly every text, or even the majority anymore, i'm not sure what a single test text will tell us. 😞

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Charanth182

Do you possible have a block on your phone for text messages, or maybe accidentally blocked their numbers ?

If you'd like, send me your phone number and I'll take a look.

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Charanth182 wow, tricky situation.  Okay, I'm going to ask @Mary_M to try to help you.  Mary is a Public Mobile community moderator (and awesome trouble-shooter).  I hope she can assist.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Charanth182

Thanks @srlawren Sorry i was away from the computer for a few days.

Previously i couldn't send any texts. I swiched programs and it was resolved for about a week.

After that week, and about a day after i swiched to the global text plans  (Edit: Double checked timeline, the initial problem was about a day after i swtiched, not the current one) i started being unable to receive them. So far as i can tell all my texts are going out and people are recieving them but i only get some in return and the batting average is really low, like 1 in 5.

I know for sure of 4 individuals who have sent me a text and i have not recived it. I have only recieved texts from 1 person in this time, but far from all of them.

I agree the situation doesn't make much sense.

Since i posted i've been trying to retrace my steps, as this is a relatively new phone there has been a lot of apps installed/uninstalled and i try different things. So if you are wondering yes there has been apps that may have caused intereference. As far as i can tell though they've all been removed.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Charanth182,

So you switched text programs previously and it resolved the issue, but after a while the issue returned?

The texts that you know you are not getting, are they isolated to a limited number of contacts?  Do you get SOME texts from those contacts but not all, or do you get zero texts from those individuals?  This is really a baffling situation, so I'm just trying to gather some more info.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.