cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting/calling to/from US and to not working

littlestbiscuit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan includes unlimited talk/text to the US but it's not working. I can text/call Canadian numbers but texts/calls to my American family don't go through and I can't receive them either

11 REPLIES 11

littlestbiscuit

My friend had told me they take a while to respond to tickets in her experience and recommended I post here also, but apparently I was lucky and they sorted it quickly 🙂

@littlestbiscuit wrote:

PM support ended up fixing it, thanks 🙂

@littlestbiscuit  that was quick!!! I guess you already opened ticket before you post here  🙂

they didn't tell you what happened?

littlestbiscuit

PM support ended up fixing it, thanks 🙂

@littlestbiscuit   Sound like everything  is right on your side but just some how the US calls are not connecting and receiving 

did you try calling the Virginia test number I had above?  

I guess you tried reboot your phone.

Calls with Canada and data all working fine?

I guess you should open a ticket with PM Support and confirm if any issue on the back end, to open ticket with PM support:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

littlestbiscuit

Not an issue regarding roaming, I'm in Ontario. I'm on the $50 plan. Tried multiple US numbers with a few area codes. Been with PM for two weeks and didn't port my number, I got a new one. Not an issue on the US side as they can all text/call my roommate who is also on PM with an Ontario number 😕

littlestbiscuit

Yes, they all have +1 in front of them.

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech : Notice the edit.

@Anonymous  I remember there was another member like to do this a lot when first became active.   That habit was gradually changed.  I guess we have to go back to the beginning again with a new name, a new life  🙂

@littlestbiscuit  can you try to call this test number in Virginia  1-804-222-1111   ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Notice the edit.

@littlestbiscuit : So you're on the $50 or $60 or $70 plan?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@littlestbiscuit  I believe you are in Canada and this is not an issue regarding roaming?  If you are in Canada now, the suggestion above about  AT&T and T-Mobile is not applicable.

First of all, can you confirm which plan you are now on? But texting should work regardless of the plan. 

Did you try different US numbers or call or just selected one?

How long you have been with PM ? did you port your number into PM just very recently?

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@littlestbiscuit 

Rebooting device
Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code.

@littlestbiscuit wrote:

My plan includes unlimited talk/text to the US but it's not working. I can text/call Canadian numbers but texts/calls to my American family don't go through and I can't receive them either

There isn't any reason that you shouldn't be receiving the calls and messages as where the other person is contact you from doesn't make a difference. When you're trying to contact them, are you dialing a +1 in front of the area code and number?

Need Help? Let's chat.