cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages out of order

JPR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Everything was fine until the Rogers blackout. Since then, my text messages appeared in the wrong order. I send a message and when I get a reply, it posts on my phone before my sent message. This can make it difficult to follow a conversation and I have missed a few messages because of it.

I'm sure the timing (blackout) is just a coincidence but that's when it started. If the problem is with my phone, (Galaxy S8+) I wouldn't know where to begin looking to correct it. 

Any assistance is appreciated.

J.P.

3 REPLIES 3

JPR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks both of you for your replies. I'll check out all the suggestions. I'm sure one of them will correct the problem. 

Much appreciated.

J.P.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JPR  out of order text messages may suggest network outages or weak signals. Therefore, delay some sending or receiving texts messages. Yes, that is ignore annoying, not to mention confusing for those involved. 🙂

I suppose from a device level you could try and help reset the network your device is reading from, by trying 1 or more of the below:

• restarting your phone
  • toggle into / out of airplane mode
  • perform a reset of your network settings
  • clear the cache data from your messages app; or uninstall your app, then reinstall it
  • remove and reinsert your sim card
  • try your sim card into another compatible device to see if issues persist

edit to correct word

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JPR   It could be the time issue on your device., your device could be a bit off from network time

Check your clock settings.  If your clock is not currently set to  "Automatic date and time" (which means follow the network time), change it to that then.

If it is already set to Automatic date and time, try to disable that, manually change to to a minute earlier or later, then save and get out of that screen.  Wait a minute and go back and set it back to Automatic date and time

this is how to change the time & date on your Galaxy mobile phone
1 Swipe up on your home screen to access your apps.
2 Tap the Settings app.
3 Tap General management.
4 Tap Date and time.
5 Tap Automatic date and time. Please note: when automatic data and time is turned on, other options will no longer appear.

Need Help? Let's chat.