cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages from broken phone, same sim card

SabaHab
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there, I have an old phone that i have reactivated because my newer one turned into a brick.  i cannot see the texts that were sent to that phone ... is there a way to recover them.  They are not deleted from my account, just that i cannot see them on my current device.

Help please,

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@SabaHab , if you have an android phone and have been doing phone backups regularly, then SMS records can be retrieved from an old phone, well the records are based on the phone number and google account.  This is the description on the backup and restore that google does for android phones.  I am not an iPhone users, so I can't really speak for that device but I am sure that a similar backup exists.  Perhaps an iPhone user can weigh in here.

https://support.google.com/android/answer/2819582?hl=en

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Are these SMS messages?   They wouldn't be stored by Public Mobile.  Is there any chance you had backed up the dead phone to a computer or cloud?  If they are another kind of "text" message then there might be a chance depending how you set them up (for example iMessages set up on iCloud)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SabaHab  No sorry , no way there on your broke phone unfortunately that’s it 

Need Help? Let's chat.