cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible reception and dropped calls

Deannie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been experiencing extremely bad reception and dropped calls.  My entire family is on public mobile and we have all been experiencing the worst reception.  I am considering leaving public mobile.  I have had to resort to talking to my husband using the facetime audio.  

This is extremely frustrating.  Is there any suggestion on how to improve this?

5 REPLIES 5

Deannie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is mainly voice.  It happens mostly when I am calling my husband.  He is in Vancouver BC and I am on Vancouver Island in Port Alberni, BC.  I have an iphone 12 and he has an iphone 12X I think.  

It doesn't matter where or when we are calling.  And this has been happening for a few months but this is the first chance I have had to go onto the community for help.  

What typically happens is that I will dial his number and then he says he picks up and knowone is there.  Also, we will be talking and then the call just ends, drops randomly.  Also, we can be talking and then it cuts in and out to the point where it has become so frustrating that we have started just calling each other with facetime.  I haven't had a decent call connection in months.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Deannie   If you and your family are still having problems and you've checked for local outages as suggested, then you can contact customer service via private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at the envelope icon top right of this page or tap your avatar to see Messages if no envelope icon.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is highly unusual. The Telus Network is vast and reliable. Maybe you are experiencing interference in a certain location?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Deannie 

is this mainly for voice ?  which area you are at ? province and city?

what phone do you have? brand and model?

did you find it better when you are in another area?

Not the best solution, but try changing the network mode to 3G and try some calls and see if it is any better

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Deannie did this just start to happen . Seems odd you would all be experiencing same issue might local networks issue check 

Outage map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/

you can also try putting your phone to 3G and see if that helps for voice 

Need Help? Let's chat.