cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary SIM Card Assignment on Public Mobile

sahbach98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anyone had experience with temporarily assigning an already activated Public Mobile SIM card to another Public Mobile plan and account that already has a SIM card assigned, and then reassigning it back to the original account and number after a few weeks? If so, were there any fees associated with this process?

5 REPLIES 5

@sahbach98 wrote:

@computergeek541 Thank you for your response. I appreciate the clarification. if I purchase a non-activated SIM card, can I assign it to an account that is already associated with a SIM card, regarding the original SIM card being lost? Will I be able to use the new SIM card with my old number and retain the data gigabytes that were previously associated with the account?

@sahbach98  Yes you can. And you can use the old number and retain all data, rewards, etc.

Edit, removed double quote by accident.

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" in this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap

@sahbach98 

yes, Once you got the sim card, go to My Account from ONLY a desktop or laptop computer to request Change Sim card (please note that due to some glitches, accessing change sim care from mobile phone or tablet won't work)

After you logged in, unsuspend first if you have suspended your service earlier.

Then click Quick Links on the top right and select Change Sim card and follow the steps

And get the sim from:

sahbach98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@computergeek541 Thank you for your response. I appreciate the clarification. if I purchase a non-activated SIM card, can I assign it to an account that is already associated with a SIM card, regarding the original SIM card being lost? Will I be able to use the new SIM card with my old number and retain the data gigabytes that were previously associated with the account?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sahbach98 sim cards are one time use.  Once it is activated with an account, it cannot be used for another account or another activation 

@sahbach98 wrote:

Has anyone had experience with temporarily assigning an already activated Public Mobile SIM card to another Public Mobile plan and account that already has a SIM card assigned, and then reassigning it back to the original account and number after a few weeks? If so, were there any fees associated with this process?

Sorry, but this isn't an option.  SIM cards aren't transferable to other accounts.

Need Help? Let's chat.