cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targeted promo ($21/3GB) - confirmation of plan change?

saturna
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So, one of the last few referrals I have left here on PM got the targeted text promo from 5213. 

The account had a scheduled a plan change from the old $15 to $19/1GB at next renewal (allowing for higher use on an upcoming road trip - we know that we can't go back to the previous plan since it's not offered anymore, we'll see what happens at the end of summer).

The line got the targeted text offer for $21/3GB yesterday, and they decided to take it. Knowing from experience how finicky PM's back-end is, we canceled the $19/1GB change first and then replied "YES" to the text last night.

Logged back in this morning, but can't see any confirmation of the text offer actually being scheduled for next renewal. Right now it looks like this account will just renew on the $15 plan in two weeks?!?

Question for people who have gone through this before: Is this normal behaviour in the system? Anything else we need to do to ensure a smooth transition?

7 REPLIES 7

saturna

@softech wrote:

@saturna when managing different accounts, try access them with different browsers, Chrome, #dge, Firefox, Safari.. etc, one browser for one account 

How many different (safe!) browsers do you expect me to have? While PM has put a stop to that, with their recent polices etc encouraging most of my referrals to find better value deals elsewhere, at the height of my referral activities I helped manage a dozen accounts...

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@saturna wrote:

@Neil11 wrote:

You will see the new plan after the renewal goes through.

But only IF it goes through.

We've had failed plan changes before (selected from the in-market line-up at the time) and usually got the accounts adjusted manually by CSA. However. the attitude the CSAs have these days likely means that they'll refuse the manual change unless there's prove that we indeed opted into the promo in a timely manner. How can I take a screen shot to back me up, if there is no hint in the account that the switch is going to happen at renewal??

You could take a screenshot of PM’s text message offer with your “YES” reply.

@saturna when managing different accounts, try access them with different browsers, Chrome, #dge, Firefox, Safari.. etc, one browser for one account 

saturna

@Dunkman wrote:

@saturna 

Different experiences for different text promotion.  You should eventually see the plan change scheduled. 

The website does have caching issues.  Maybe try to login with a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  

It may also take another 1-2 days to show up in your account. 

Thanks, I'll check later.

(And I always log in in incognito after clearing cache. EverSave makes it a real PITB but it's the only way to have accurate information when managing multiple accounts.)

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@saturna 

Different experiences for different text promotion.  You should eventually see the plan change scheduled. 

The website does have caching issues.  Maybe try to login with a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  

It may also take another 1-2 days to show up in your account. 

saturna

@Neil11 wrote:

But only IF it goes through.

We've had failed plan changes before (selected from the in-market line-up at the time) and usually got the accounts adjusted manually by CSA. However. the attitude the CSAs have these days likely means that they'll refuse the manual change unless there's prove that we indeed opted into the promo in a timely manner. How can I take a screen shot to back me up, if there is no hint in the account that the switch is going to happen at renewal??

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Need Help? Let's chat.