cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk add-on not working

samwell847
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I recently bought the 5$ for 500 min talk add-on and got charged on my credit card.
In my payment history on PM, it's written that the 5$ went through as credit (payments) on Mar 1, 2020. It's been a few days that I'm seeing the transaction in my bank account, but I do not see the add-on on the self-serve PM page.

I now know that the process usually is to add fund before buying an add-on and I will do that in the future, but when I added the 500 min talk, it only requested me to pay via credit card during the selection.

Question

Since I've been charged when buying an add-on without adding funds first, when will I get the add-on that I purchased? Does it take a few days to process the request or will it apply on the next plan cycle.

Thanks for clearing things up, I just want to understand what is going on.

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@samwell847 wrote:

I think this process is confusing

@samwell847 I completely agree that it's confusing and not intuitive at all.  This is why I created a detailed guide a while back, which you may or may not find helpful.  HOWTO: Purchasing Add-ons

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@samwell847 wrote:

I think this process is confusing, but I guess it's ok if it works. Maybe rewording "buy add-on" button to "Add funds" when you don't have enough funds would already help a little bit. Or receiving an email with steps to proceed would also help.

Information is mentioned there, but not many read it carefully. Another indication is that if you do not have sufficient funds to purhcase an add-on, the button will say "Make a payment". On the other hand, if you have sufficient funds, the button will say "Buy Add-ons".

Annotation 2020-03-03 174026.png

samwell847
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I read that sentence in other posts and did not understand that it still applied to my case.

I now understand that the first time that I "bought" the add-on, it only redirected me to add funds instead. So now I can really buy it.

I think this process is confusing, but I guess it's ok if it works. Maybe rewording "buy add-on" button to "Add funds" when you don't have enough funds would already help a little bit. Or receiving an email with steps to proceed would also help.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is a two step to purchase add-ons.  You need to add and purchase it.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@samwell847 Add-ons should be added to your account right away. When you got charged on your cc, the $5 was added as a balance to your account. Did you then go to Add-ons to add the 500 min add-on using that balance? If not, the $5 should still be there in your account. Please check the payment history and it will tell your what happened. You can post a screenshot here without any personal info so we can help you understand. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Its a 2 step process you added the funds @samwell847 . And finally bought  the addon. That's exactly how it's done.

@samwell847 wrote:

Hi, I recently bought the 5$ for 500 min talk add-on and got charged on my credit card.
In my payment history on PM, it's written that the 5$ went through as credit (payments) on Mar 1, 2020. It's been a few days that I'm seeing the transaction in my bank account, but I do not see the add-on on the self-serve PM page.

I now know that the process usually is to add fund before buying an add-on and I will do that in the future, but when I added the 500 min talk, it only requested me to pay via credit card during the selection.

Question

Since I've been charged when buying an add-on without adding funds first, when will I get the add-on that I purchased? Does it take a few days to process the request or will it apply on the next plan cycle.

Thanks for clearing things up, I just want to understand what is going on.

Need Help? Let's chat.