cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSFERED TO PUBLIC MOBILE- IMESSAGES NOT WORKING BETWEEN PUBLIC MOBILE ACCOUNTS

NEILTONGS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I moved two phone lines to Public Mobile, and the transfer process was straightforward. However, there is a peculiar issue: both iPhones can send iMessages to numbers not on Public Mobile, but when sending iMessages between the two lines we have on Public Mobile, it doesn't seem to work. Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

16 REPLIES 16

NEILTONGS

we have resolved this issue...there was a glitch in the IMessage settings the phone number on the one phone was checked off, then for some reason, it was not, a simple reset of the phone and tried again, and we got it, and all messages are blue now....thanks for all the help

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

iMessage is using data and PM has no control over it. So, as long as you have internet, that should work. I'd check this:
1. Does internet work (turn off wifi, open browser and search)?
2. Did port finish successfully?  Call each other from that line and check what is the number. Also check in settings (General - Phone - My Number)

3. Are your settings ok (iMessage.. Lines to use. Start new conversation from?)
4. Are you sending to an email or to a phone number? If your settings are ok, I'd start new conversation and try

@NEILTONGS  Have you tried turning iMessage off in Messages settings, waiting a short while and then back on again with both phones?

NEILTONGS

both are clearly seperate accounts, one in my name and one in my sons name , no connection

NEILTONGS

yes the infomation is correct

NEILTONGS

when the celluar is off on wifi only it still sends as a regular text in green , no imessages either way between our PM accounts 

NEILTONGS

Yes, set up each line with separate emails, entered yes for both, with sim in each phone, signed up with the esim.

The physical sim is still in each phone, should I take that out?  However it shows that it is not working anymore? (sounds like a silly question, but just thought abou that)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@NEILTONGS 

When you ported the 2 lines, did you reply to the text with YES with the old SIM in each phone? You have 90 minutes to reply or porting will be cancelled or in limbo.

Also, did you use 2 different emails for the 2 lines? Only 1 account or line/1 email address.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@NEILTONGS 

what happens when you turn off the cellular connection and send iMessages on Wi-Fi only to each other?

can you still not send and receive iMessages this way?

And the other phone?

NEILTONGS

Yes , the to and from are my phone number and my icloud email account , all correct 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@NEILTONGS If you go into the settings for the Messages app do the send & receive numbers/emails look correct?

NEILTONGS

Both were transferred last night, both accounts were activated on Public Mobile, and my old accounts are now closed with provider.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How certain are you that two distinct accounts were made? The app may have caching issues when going from one account to another. Just exploring that idea. Maybe something got cross-linked.

NEILTONGS

We will receive one another's texts on our iPhones that are on Public Mobile, they show up green,  when i text someone else's iPhone, those are on Rogers, Chatr, and Bell, they are received and sent in Blue, however Facetime works for us on our phone on Public Mobile.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Does NATIVE (not apples imess) texting works between your phones?

Need Help? Let's chat.