cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to find account number

please-help
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've gone through endless cycles trying to log into my account (in order find my account number and have the phone number ported) but the closest I have come was to a My Account / Profile page that just said "internal server error" instead of showing my Account Number.

I can no longer even get to that page and am always just taken to a  LET’S COMPLETE YOUR ACTIVATION page after logging in with email and password, and from there it just goes round in circles back to a login page, etc.  - no matter which option I select!

How can I find my account number if it is not possible to get to the My Account page? Please Help.

13 REPLIES 13

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello, 

Please check your inbox.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi

I just sent a message to you

@please-help   When you went to Telus why were they not able to initiate the port to them from PM by using your IMEI number?   This is from the Telus website:

1. You'll need your new TELUS SIM card, the SIM card from your old provider, the previous provider's account number or the IMEI number, and the device you'll be using with TELUS. Note: make sure your current phone number remains active to complete the transfer.

2. Log in at www.telus.com/transfernumber 

3. Select either the previous provider's account number, or the IMEI number depending on what you have on hand. Note: to get your device's IMEI number, you can simply dial:  *#06#

4. Click 'Get Started' and fill out the required information.

5. Review and confirm your transfer details by clicking 'Submit'.

6. You'll receive an SMS from your old service provider to your old SIM card.

7. Reply 'YES' to the message within 90 minutes.

8. Insert your new SIM card into the device you'll use with TELUS, and you'll receive a welcome message from TELUS once the transfer is complete. Note: this may take up to 2.5 hours to complete.

From https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Transfer-Your-Number-From-Another-Provider-To-TELUS/ta-p/134811 

please-help

I sent them a message explaining the situation a few days ago and had No Reply. I sent them another message a few minutes ago and again have had no response. THIS SYSTEM SUCKS!

User JRod twice gave you the method to contact support. Telus or a store won't help you. It's here in private messaging. Click the link and type in a subject and then a body and then they'll eventually get back to you with several verification questions.

please-help

I don't have the welcome email from when I first signed up. I have spend many hours going round in circles with this ridiculous system and have even paid money again to "Activate my account" to no avail. It now tells me to download the PM app which I have already done but I still can not get to my account to get my account number. I have even spend a couples of hours with Telus support who told me the only thing I could do was to go to a Telus store, which I did but they told me they could not help me.   This is absolutely terrible service and I would never recommend anyone to try this horrible service. WHAT CAN i DO NOW??????????????/

What are the chances you still have the welcome email from when you first signed up?

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@please-help 

If you haven’t logged in since before May when they switched over to the eversafe system you will have to contact customer service to have your old PM account linked with your eversafe account.

If that is the case you will have to reach out to customer service to have the old account linked with your new eversafe ID.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

please-help

I have even used a brand new browser (Edge) so there would be no cookies or cache, but the problem(s) remain. The only time I got to the page you are referring to I got the message that just said "internal server error" instead of showing my Account Number.  This has been a very poor experience and major waste of time dealing with PM!

please-help

It has been a long time since I last needed to log in to my account. And yes, I am trying to port my number to a regular Telus account but have just spend several hours going round in circles trying to do a basic thing like find my account number.  What do I need to do?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@please-help   How long is it since you last logged in, was it recently enough that you set up an Eversafe log-in?  I'm reading this as if you are porting out of PM rather than in, is that correct?

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@please-help 

Are you only using the website or have you tried using the app? 

If you are a new customer and haven’t gone through the full activation process your account won’t be fully setup. If you haven’t already downloaded the app, please do so and try to continue your activation using it.

If you are an existing customer is it possible that you haven’t logged in since the changeover to eversafe? 

If that is the case you will have to reach out to customer service to have the old account linked with your new eversafe ID.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Need Help? Let's chat.