cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS Mobile Discount?

ReillyWood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We're moving to TELUS Optik from Shaw - does PM qualify as a Telus Mobile # for the integrated discount?

18 REPLIES 18

I think the prices at Public Mobile are low enough that you will still be saving money overall compared to getting a few bucks off of a real Telus Mobility plan...

Best prices are from “loyalty” and situated in Canada. 

ReillyWood

LOL - will do!

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ReillyWood Just ask TELUS. You never know without asking.
Though, do let us know how much they laugh. 

ReillyWood

Good to know.  Thanks.

@popping wrote:

@ReillyWood wrote:

We're moving to TELUS Optik from Shaw - does PM qualify as a Telus Mobile # for the integrated discount?

No.  Telus does not even accept Koodo service for more discount.

Remember to sign up for Telus Reward.  20 points = $20 = You can use it to pay you monthly bills or rent movies etc.

Be careful with Optik 2 years agreement which is not a 2 years contract for price protection.

2 years agreement guarantees the amount of account credit for 2 years.  Therefore, if Telus have price increase to the Optik service, your monthly fee will go up.  

The question is....what gets you a point? And you must subscribe to at least 2 Telus products. 

They recently bought out ADT. So any ADT customer will be contacted by Telus. 

The days of a contract vs agreement are long gone as they used to guarantee no price increase. BUT they do have price protection today if you ask for it. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ReillyWood wrote:

Thanks @will13am.  FYI, Telus offers a discount of something like $10 per month on some of their bundling packages if you also have Telus mobile, so I was hoping to take advantage of that.  

Yes, I received email every week from Telus to up sell me to Telus with $10 off and $0 any smartphone.  But not Public Mobile.  I know Telus and PM billing systems are not connected because I use the same email address for my Telus and one of my PM account.  Both systems are using email address as the username to login.

Telus used to offer $5 per service bundle discounts if you had two or more services including home phone, internet & TV. You could request they added your Telus mobility phone for an additional $5 discount on your home services bill. Then they cut the discounts to $3 each and finally eliminated them. But it seems as though everything gets negotiated now and I too have heard of some items in their portfolio getting a $5 loyalty discount with another $5 discount being available if you have mobility cell phone Plan. I highly doubt that they would consider PM plans but can always ask.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ReillyWood wrote:

No.  Telus does not even accept Koodo service for more discount.

Remember to sign up for Telus Reward.  20 points = $20 = You can use it to pay you monthly bills or rent movies etc.

Be careful with Optik 2 years agreement which is not a 2 years contract for price protection.

2 years agreement guarantees the amount of account credit for 2 years.  Therefore, if Telus have price increase to the Optik service, your monthly fee will go up.  

ReillyWood

Somewhat.  Maybe not as fully as I could.  

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@ReillyWood wrote:

No. 

Did you negotiate your price with Telus?

ReillyWood

Thanks @will13am.  FYI, Telus offers a discount of something like $10 per month on some of their bundling packages if you also have Telus mobile, so I was hoping to take advantage of that.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

@ReillyWood wrote:

That's too bad.  But thank you for the quick response.

No problem. It wouldn't hurt to ask, but don't be disappointed if they refuse. Good luck.

Yeah don't take our words for it.

I had Telus ADSL and landline and moved over to Mobility internet and phone when I moved and had to ask real nice to keep my Telus account kind of alive. I'm moving again and will probably be back in the fold with Telus. But I doubt that was like bundling...just a customer service gesture since I was still with Telus as a whole (though not a sub-brand).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ReillyWood , mobile is "very competitive" and maybe due to regulation, it does not bundle with other services.  I have been with big red for ages and have never seen any offerings for cheap cellular service in a bundle.  

@ReillyWood wrote:

No problem. It wouldn't hurt to ask, but don't be disappointed if they refuse. Good luck.

ReillyWood

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is a subsidiary of Telus but it is a third tier provider so I doubt it would qualify.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ReillyWood wrote:

I wouldn't think so. No Telus account associated with PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.