cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-mobile settings

LaundryBasket
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, I have the $60 US Roaming plan. It defaults to T-Mobile, but nothing works. If I force it to AT&T, talk, text and data all work. Is there a setting for T-Mobile that I need to change?

9 REPLIES 9

LaundryBasket
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

iPhone 7 Plus

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LaundryBasket  As others have mentioned AT&T uses bands that closely resemble what PM uses so just setup your device to manually connect to AT&T instead of using the auto setting.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@LaundryBasket wrote:

So, I have the $60 US Roaming plan. It defaults to T-Mobile, but nothing works. If I force it to AT&T, talk, text and data all work. Is there a setting for T-Mobile that I need to change?

Common mistake is people changing APN. You aren't supposed to. If AT&T works, I would leave it manually chosen.

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yeah, down in the States right now and mine has defaulted to AT&T everytime I turn my phone back on. In settings, connections, mobile networks, network operators, select manually, then select t-mobile. It registers on network and you should be good to go. I changed over yesterday and it worked perfectly. You shouldn't need to reboot the phone either, I didn't. But if you have no signal from t-mobile obviously it won't go on it. 

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think TMobile is like freedom in Canada.  It should not matter which carrier the connection is on.  Go for what works. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Read thru this post and see if there is anything there if you want to continue trying to connect to T-Mobile.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/U-S-Roaming/ta-p/307883

And maybe this:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2090

@LaundryBasket what kind of phone do you have? 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

There are a few other threads about T-mobile not working. Some indicate the area of the US may be at fault. Others indicate that your phone may not connect to certain T-Mobile bands. But most of them indicate that AT&T is the most reliable service in those areas and that you should just connect to them.

If you want to see some other threads, search T-mobile AT&T in the search blank above.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LaundryBasket wrote:

You can manually select AT&T network and restart your phone to begin using AT&T network.

Need Help? Let's chat.