cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Public Mobile

no20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys,

I am thinking to switch from Koodo to Public Mobile and I have few questions to ask:

Can I switch my current sim card (Koodo) to Public Mobile without buying a Public Mobile's sim card?

Can I keep my current number while switching to Public Mobile?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

@no20 wrote:

Thank you! I will end up buying two sim cards - for myself and a family member. So I presume I can refer my family member to get $10 credit. 

After activating your line, you must logon your self-serve account to retrieve your referral code.

If you activated in-store, click here to create your self-serve account

If you activated at home, your self-serve account is created automatically.

@hycm53 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@no20 wrote:

Hey guys,

I am thinking to switch from Koodo to Public Mobile and I have few questions to ask:

Can I switch my current sim card (Koodo) to Public Mobile without buying a Public Mobile's sim card?

Thanks!

You will need a new sim card $10 but if you get a referral code you will get a $10 credit that covers that cost.  Yes you can port your current number to Public Mobile

I wonder how can my friend will get a $10 credit that covers a new sim card cost when I gave her my referral code?

Some locations (Walmart, London Drugs, PM Kiosks) will offer a free SIM when you activate in-store.

Be sure to use the referral code at activation. The $10 referral credit will arrive in your account within 72 hours. This credit will be applicable towards your future renewal.

@no20 wrote:

Thank you! I will end up buying two sim cards - for myself and a family member. So I presume I can refer my family member to get $10 credit. 

@no20  Correct, all the info on how to do this can be found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes you can @no20 . You can also ask someone here via private message to obtain a referral code for yourself to get a $10 credit too. Would recommend getting to a retail store Asap to get this Chinese New Year promotion.  Before it's gone. Try a Walmart and activate there, some of them may give you the SIM for free. Welcome to PM .

@no20 wrote:

no20

Thank you! Smiley Happy

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@no20 wrote:

Hey guys,

Thanks!

You will need a new sim card $10 but if you get a referral code you will get a $10 credit that covers that cost.  Yes you can port your current number to Public Mobile

I wonder how can my friend will get a $10 credit that covers a new sim card cost when I gave her my referral code?

no20

Ola from DR! Welcome to PM!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info about porting. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number If you have a Koodo prepaid account then you would need to create a ticket to get assitance from a moderator to help you with the port.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

You cannot bring over your Koodo SIM you need a PM one. And you can signup with a temporary number and then port your Koodo one.

@no20 wrote:

Hey guys,

Thanks!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@no20 wrote:

Hey guys,

@no20  No, unfortunately a Public Mobile sim will be required. If you go to a Wlamart location and activate your card most of the time you get the sim card for free.

Yes, it's called number porting. When you are ready to activate your PM sim pick a temporary number. Once everything is setup and you have access to your selfserve account online you can setup the number port from Koodo by choosing the "Change phone number" option.

Note: If you you currently have a Koodo prepaid account then you can setup the port by contacting the PM Moderators and they will do it for you.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Thanks!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@no20 wrote:

Hey guys,

Thanks!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.