cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching plans information

DarianDNewell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm thinking of getting a more expensive plan, and was wondering how the process unfolds.

If I upgrade does it charge me and change my plan right away with a new start and end date? Or does it change next cycle?

Do I keep my add on minutes throughout this switch or do they expire?

How much is taxes on plans? I only got the 15 dollar plan because I bought a $25 top up and the self serve site said the process would be $27 for that plan, but I think it lies because my new $15 plan came out to $15 even albeit informing me it would be at least $1 tax on top of it.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

DarianDNewell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah it does. It's really unfortunate they have this loss of current plan as I'm really on a budget right now.

Thanks for your help!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @DarianDNewell your questions have been answered by the posts above.

FYI, there are two $25 plans , one unlimited Provincial-wide minutes and the other unlimited Canada-wide minutes.  Choose the unlimited Canada-wide minutes as that is the old $25 plan and on sale right now.

$25 unlimited Canada minutes.png

also, if you choose to change plans now, this warning will pop up, warning you that this change will take effect immediately and any remaining time in your old plan will be lost.

Changing Plans - now.png 

I hope this helps

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@DarianDNewell 

You received great feedback on your questions about changing plans & taxation from @esjliv and @cellphoneuser1 

If you're seriously thinking about changing plans, I would recommend researching the available plans which are still discounted and planning a switch to the one you may prefer sooner than later.

These Limited Time Offers may expire at any time, and without advance notice. 

The thing to remember, is that YOU CAN schedule a plan change on your next renewal from one of the still 'discounted' plans and receive that plan on your next renewal EVEN IF the plan discounts are not available at the date of your next renewal.

Quite a few folks are pondering the same decision you are re the $15 plan, so you're in good company.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DarianDNewell wrote:

I'm thinking of getting a more expensive plan, and was wondering how the process unfolds.

If I upgrade does it charge me and change my plan right away with a new start and end date? Or does it change next cycle?

How much is taxes on plans? I only got the 15 dollar plan because I bought a $25 top up and the self serve site said the process would be $27 for that plan, but I think it lies because my new $15 plan came out to $15 even albeit informing me it would be at least $1 tax on top of it.

Thanks

@DarianDNewell  at the very bottom of your "Change my base plan" Tab on your Self Serve.

esjliv_0-1614769570682.png

You have the option to:

1-Change plan now (beware this option as you lose out on the funds you already paid in your current cycle, it is no prorated)

2-Change on next renewal date 

Your addon minutes will stay with your phone number/account, so you would not lose those minutes if you change plans (unless you signed up with some promo to receive this addon that stipulates if you change plans you forfeit the addon; which, if you are newer to PM, I do not recall one like this-so you are in the clear!).

Your Plan minutes go away, as they are only good for the current cycle you are in.

As @cellphoneuser1 already mentions your tax is based on the provincial province you are set up with. We all pay taxes, on Plan Renewals, topups, Addon's...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-autopay

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@DarianDNewell wrote:

Thanks

Tax is based on province of the phone number.  It's the same as most other products for your province.

When you change plans, you can tell it to do it immediately or when you renew next. If you tell it immeidately, you pay immediately and you lose the payment for any time left on the plan you have now.  Add-ons stay the same when you change plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.