cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from iPhone to Samsung

ZSorcerer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My wife and I have iPhones and will be switching to Samsung soon. What do we do to keep our numbers and info on our SIM cards?

We have physical SIM cards. If we use eSIM with the new Samsung, can we transfer data from our iPhone sim or do we have to buy physical SIM cards for the Samsung phones and start over from scratch? How do we keep our numbers?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You do not need eSIM nor I personally would recommend it. eSIM is not transferrable and if you ever want to switch your phone or just use another one temporarily you will NOT be able to do that with eSIM.
Physical SIM is transferable from phone to phone and even if size might not match there are adapters (usually provided with new SIM) to use.

As for transferring data from iphone to android IF whatever you have is stored in SIM (contacts) then you have nothing to worry about. But if data is in iphone's memory then try to find transfer app-utility to do that or research a way to export into file (contacts, passwords, whatever) and then import into android.
Worst case scenario is retyping (contacts, passwords).

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@ZSorcerer   I did the reverse switch, from Android to iPhone.  To keep my number I just took the PM physical sim out of the Android and put it in the iPhone and that's all there was to it other than that I used Google to transfer contacts and calendar since those work on both ios and Android.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ZSorcerer  Just take the sim card out of the iPhone and put it in the new Samsung phone thats it . Also don’t go with eSIM your physical sim card is better . You can freely switch devices with no extra cost eSIM will cost you money every time you want to switch devices 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ZSorcerer 

best is to just move the physical sim from iPhone to Samsung

with Physical sim card, it is easy to move from phones to phone.  For eSIM, you have to pay $5 each time you move phones or if you ever wipe  your phone or if you deleted the esim by mistakes

for the contents from iPhone to Samsung, it has nothing to do with the sim card.  You can do so with physical or esim, as it is unrelated with the sim

Check this Samsung help article to move from iOS phone to Samsung's
https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/how-to-move-from-ios-phone-to-samsung/

Need Help? Let's chat.