cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching carriers - cancelling service

Kovacsa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All, I purchased a PM plan in the past few days switching from my current carrier, Fido.  Is there any action on my part needed to cancel my current service with Fido once I activate on PM? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

obsydion
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After you activate with PM you will need to put your Fido SIM card back into your phone to await an SMS message from FIDO to confirm that you are cancelling your service with them, it usually asks for a 'Yes' or 'No' answer. After you answer 'Yes' to cancel, you can put your new PM SIM card back into the phone to wait for the service to activate fully.

ms2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Once your number had been ported to PM successfully,you fido account will be automatically closed. you may try to log into your Fido account to verify.

Fido may call you to offer a winback plan in a few days.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Kovacsa   Make sure to  keep your Fido sim in the phone to receive the text message from Fido that gives permission for them to transfer your number to PM.  You have to reply YES within 90 minutes so don't start the port when you don't have time to wait for the text.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Kovacsa 

While the above is true, make sure that when you port your number here, it is successful and your Fido Sim card no longer works.

Otherwise, if you’re close to the date when Fido might take the next payment, it might still occur.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kovacsa  No if you successfully ported your Fido number into Public mobile it will automatically close your Fido account 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kovacsa 

no, once the number is ported , your old provider account, Fido's, will be closed as part of the porting process

are you getting incoming calls on your PM sim?  If so, the port is done.  You can further confirm by testing the Fido sim, it should not work anymore

Need Help? Let's chat.