cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

240GB Bonus. Switching plans

rays2c
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am planning on switching plans to the cheapest plan. $15 / month.  Will I still be able to use the 240GB 'bonus'?

I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years.  It is sad they are removing the old rewards system.  Will have no choice but to switch carriers soon.

5 REPLIES 5

dlev24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @rays2c I'm currently on the cheapest plan and I have absolutely no complaints, it's very minimal but does everything I need. Hopefully, you enjoy it as well 🙂 Seems like the point system can allow you direct rewards where you want them, might not be a bad system afterall. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

You will be loosing a  minimum of $7.00 per month.  Everyone's situation is different,  but if I were to guess it will take roughly  4 -6 months to earn the 15 points for $15 bill credit.

So if you have a $34. 00 plan, you now have to pay $34+ upfront each month. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@rays2c   No, if you switch to a lower plan you will lose the bonus.  From the FAQ

Will I lose my special bonus data if I switch plans?

The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

sorry @rays2c 

the FAQ for the bonus specified if changed to cheaper plan, you will loss the bonus completely 

Need Help? Let's chat.