cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to a new carrier but cannot login to cancel auto-payment?

joycemcwong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I recently switched from Public Mobile to another carrier.  

After the switch, for some reason, I'm not able to log into my account anymore.  I tried multiple times and it doesn't work.  I've tried to reset my password using my email and phone number but I didn't receive anything (i.e. no email or text verification code). I want to go into my account and stop the monthly auto-payments.  

- Can someone please tell me if Public Mobile automatically cancels auto-payments when a customer switches phone carriers?

- Why can't I access my account anymore... and how can I access my account to cancel auto-payments?

Please help!!

4 REPLIES 4

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darliciouswow, I forgot how fast you can be LOL. And I thought I was fast on this one 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@joycemcwong 

Once you port out, your account is closed, SIM will be useless and all payment info will be deleted.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@joycemcwong 

You should have done that before porting, because once you port out. The account automatically closes itself and can’t be changed. 

And yes public mobile, if it works correctly for once, will cancel the auto payments. But sometimes it goofs up and charges anyway which it shouldn’t. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@joycemcwong 

Porting your phone # to another provider automatically cancels and deactivates your pm account.

Need Help? Let's chat.