cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch SIM Card Without Access to My Account

dna20161
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I'm trying to help my relative who recently lost their PM SIM card.  Summary, they went overseas and switched their PM SIM to a local SIM, and now they can't find their PM SIM. They purchased a new PM SIM however when they try to log into their My Account it is sending the 6 digit security code to their phone number, but of course because they lost their original PM SIM they have no way to retrieve that 6 digit code to log into their My Account.

Is there a way for PM support to change the SIM or does my relative have to create an entirely new account and have to have a new phone number.

@CSA 

8 REPLIES 8

dna20161

hi @hTideGnow just letting you know that @softech ending up working out and I didn't need to contact the CS Agent.  But I really appreciate your willingness to help.

dna20161

@softech your first option worked perfectly. Thank so much for your help with this. I'll be sure to remember this option if/when this happens again. 

@dna20161 

See if one of these workarounds can help to unlock the "Send email" features 

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

dna20161

@hTideGnow thanks so much. Hopefully it works, if it does then I'll be sure to accept your reply as the solution. Really appreciate it.

hi @dna20161 

then yes, easier to just submit ticket with CS agent, they usually will reply within an hour or two. Remember to check Community inbox for agent's reply 

dna20161

@hTideGnow unfortunately the option to send via email doesn't show up for them (see screenshot below).  I'll submit a ticket to the CS Agent and hopefully they can help. 

dna20161_0-1702741287660.png

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dna20161 

Yes, you can get the 2FA code by clicking on Resend Code/Didn’t Receive Code and you have the option to send code by email.

If that didn’t work then you need assistance from a CS_Agent by private messaging at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @dna20161 at the logon 2FA code step, ry click Didnt get code and pick Send email

If same,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here and they will help update the new sim number 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.