cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspending service due to travel.

Swee_Pea
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been lurking around here for years and should know this.

Let’s say I have enough in my balance to pay for 2 more cycles.  

I can keep my number  and my account for 90 days and not pay as well? Correct? And balance is untouched? And can I suspend for another 90 days? Is yes how does that impact on my balance?

Let say just to be safe I remove the suspend in 85 days. Do I have to do anything special?

Will a payment have to be made?

Will a payment have to be made if I suspend the next day?

Responses and money saving suggestions  welcome. 😀😀

4 REPLIES 4

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It's also about the timing. So you have a balance. That means that even with turning off autopay it will renew. So then yes you need to use the lost/stolen function to suspend the account. Shortly after midnight eastern of the renewal date, any rewards will be added to your balance. Now you suspend. Doing this at this time will not let the account use any money from anywhere to renew and suspends the account. The clock starts the 90 days.

In 85 days, you use the lost/stolen function to resume the account. Then click reactivate up top and it will take the money from your balance to renew the account. Let it go for the 30 days and do it again. This time you might not get any rewards though.

Time it however you like for your return. When you're back for good and you've restarted the account then after the next 30 days and it renews then you'll need to ask support for the rewards. If that's still a problem. Things have been changing in the system this last while so things could have changed.

@Swee_Pea  for renewal , the system will always apply renewards first, then  use balance from your Available fund first.  If the balance enough to cover the renewal, then the renewal will complete.  

if the rewards and  Available fund do not cover the full plan amount, then it will try to get money from credit card if Pre-Authorized payment is enabled

Therefore, if you try to on hold then plan and you have balance in Available fund, you need to use Lost or Stolen phone to suspend plan manually 

Swee_Pea
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Payment....is there no way to twerk  the system to use my balance?

If no....any amount or the amount of the plan?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Swee_Pea   because you have a balance now, you cannot just suspend by removing Pre-Authorized payment.  Instead, you need to manually suspend the account via Lost/Stolen option, so the account will be suspended immediately and PM won't use your Available Fund for renewal 

E2-Lost-Stolen.jpg

Make sure you make note of the date your set Lost/Stolen and come back no later than 85 days and first unsuspend the account first, then make a manual payment to resume service.  And make sure you see the process is done successfully and account is set back to Active.

Need Help? Let's chat.