cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspending account

notchman1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it possible to suspend my account for a week or two? Currently my subscription renews at the beginning of a month. I have some funds as a credit in my account and also have a credit card on file.

If I stop my subscription so it doesn't renew the start of Aug, I understand I will keep my number. However, when I restart my plan can I:

- Use the credits in my account to restart the subscription? Or do I need to pay with a credit card payment?

- Will I retain the existing plan/price I am on now or do I have to pick a current in market plan?

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @notchman1 

you won't get a new renewal date if you use Lost/Suspend in the middle of your current cycle.  In your case, the renewal date will still be Aug 1, and you won't get money back for the 2 week you put your phone on suspension

of course, if you do not remove Lost/Stolen, PM will not renew you on August 1.  After August 1, you will have to remove Lost/Stolen and make a manual payment to resume service

notchman1

Thank you.

When I restart my plan after reporting Lost/Stolen, does that mean that I will get a new renewal day for my subscription? eg: the day I report that I found my phone.

For example:

1 my current renewal date is Aug 1

2 I report my phone as lost on July 31. my plan wont renew on Aug 1

3. I report that I found my phone Aug 8. PM will use my Available funds to restart my current plan/price as of Aug 8th. Which means my September renewal will be Sept 7 (30 days after Aug 8th)

Is this what will happen?

@notchman1 wrote:

So when I restart my plan I have to use a credit card to restart my subscription?

I can't use the credit balance I have in my PM account?

If you have $$ in Available Funds, you'll use Lost/Stolen to stop plan renewal until you get home. 

If no $$ in Available Funds, you can disable SUBSCRIBED until you return home.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@notchman1 

You can suspend your account whenever you wish for a week or two but it won’t restart your renewal date. It stays at the old renewal date.

If you are running out of data. Your options  are to purchase Add-on data or connect to wifi until your renewal date.

Here are the prices for add-on data:

IMG_0222.png

You can upgrade your plan on the PM app then go to Subscription tab>Manage Subscription>Change Subscription and there you will find all the plans you are eligible for but remember to change subscription on your next renewal date or you will be charge for the old plan plus the new plan.

IMG_0174.png

notchman1

So when I restart my plan I have to use a credit card to restart my subscription?

I can't use the credit balance I have in my PM account?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @notchman1 

PM is prepaid and you pay for the next 30 days, no suspension during the paid period

but you can suspend for up to 90 days starting the end of the current cycle

So, if the suspension of a week or two is before your next renewal, while it is doable using Lost/Stolen, there is no advantage as you won't say any money.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@notchman1 wrote:

Is it possible to suspend my account for a week or two? Currently my subscription renews at the beginning of a month. I have some funds as a credit in my account and also have a credit card on file.

If I stop my subscription so it doesn't renew the start of Aug, I understand I will keep my number. However, when I restart my plan can I:

- Use the credits in my account to restart the subscription? Or do I need to pay with a credit card payment?...yes you can use on file credit / debit card

- Will I retain the existing plan/price I am on now or do I have to pick a current in market plan?...you keep your original plan

Need Help? Let's chat.