cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended account still working

carowich27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Long story but I suspended my dad’s PM account as he is very ill and no longer needs the service. Since there is no easy way to just cancel the service I suspended it.  The account was suspended almost two weeks ago however he is still able to receive and make calls. Any one know how this could be?

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@carowich27 

Very strange....are you sure lost/stolen is enabled as it is an immediate disconnection from the network when it is engaged? If you prefer for further peace of mind you can replace your card on file with a $0 credit gift card. I can give you the details of one of many of these cards that I have that I have given other customers for this use....or to earn the $2 autopay reward.

If your dad's pm account is a $$ rewards account and your intention is to allow it to cancel then perhaps you would willing to allow me to take it over? I actively seek $$ rewards accounts to pass along to customers on fixed or low incomes who will really appreciate a low cost account being reduced in price by $$ rewards rather than the more onerous and less generous points accounts. If you are willing to consider this (it's a straightforward process) and/or you would like the credit gift card details please feel free to contact me via private message. Thx!

carowich27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all for the feedback!

I did remove the credit card/auto payment before suspending the account using the lost or stolen phone feature. His renewal is tomorrow so maybe it’ll be off then. I forgot it was prepaid! I plan on letting the 90 days expire.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@carowich27   Because he's already prepaid for 30 days of service and will be able to use the phone until renewal and if you've disabled pre-authorized payment, then account will suspend for lack of payment.  Then in 90 days of suspension without payment will mean the account and number would be lost, so make a manual payment before 90th day of suspension if he will be using the phone when he recovers otherwise ask customer support to remove his payment card from the account as once the account deactivates, then you won't be able to login again.

Submit a ticket via chatbot here to remove payment card (if needed):  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@carowich27  sounds like it’s still active , to be sure you can contact support and have them remove the cc of file and there will be no further charges 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How did you suspend it? Did you log in and use the lost/stolen function? If he's making and receiving calls...mmm...maybe he still "needs" it? 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@carowich27 

Log into self-serve, and remove the "enable auto-pay" designation under the Payments tab.

Check the account status while you're on the self-serve screen.

Worst case, ask the CSA's to remove the credit card and/or finalize the account.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.