cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend Account

remygoodboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will travel to the US for 3 months and plan to suspend my account. I still have 2G unused promo data (which is not included in my current plan). Will it still be there when I active my account when I am back? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@remygoodboy wrote:

I will travel to the US for 3 months and plan to suspend my account. I still have 2G unused promo data (which is not included in my current plan). Will it still be there when I active my account when I am back? Thanks!

Just before you go, you can downgrade to the lowest cost plan...currently $15. That plan will run for 30 days, then will Suspend if you have no $$ in Available Funds and Autopay turned off. You have 89 days after it Suspends to renew...at day 90, the account closes and the number is gone. You'd need a new sim to start another account.

When you return, you can renew / upgrade with whichever plan is available then. Not sure which plan you currently have, but it may or may not be still available.

You'll still have access to your unused promo data as long as you didn't go past the 90 days..

remygoodboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@remygoodboy wrote:

As noted by @Triguy  you have a window of 90 days (from suspension) to keep your account and number from being lost as long as you make a payment before then, but to be on the safe side, I'd recommend to make the payment between day 85-88 just to give yourself time for any payment issues and moderators can respond before it deactivates.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@remygoodboy wrote:

Your promo will not disappear until you use it up. Better to suspend it for 89 days, if do it for more than 90 days, account would be deactivated permanently

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The data should still be in your account until it is used up.

You can only suspend your account for up to 90 days.  It is advisable to make sure not to let it suspend past 89 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.