cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprised by New Quebec PM New Activation Plans

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I check the Quebec new activation plans every once in a while because they are usually much better than the plans in the rest of Canada and are sometimes an indication of what new plans will be coming. 

This morning (August 5), I was surprised by some of the new activation plans in Quebec:  $20 4G 0GB and $25 4G 1GB. These are pretty lousy deals. I have been used to PM's recent trend to increase price and bump up data at same time. This is unusual to increase price and drop the data. Hopefully, this is just a set up for some end-of-summer back-to-school promotion.

6 REPLIES 6

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@funpig1  It usually bothers me to look at Quebec plans and they are typically some of the very best offerings . And I wish I just had to pay Quebec tax as the worst tax rate is here in the maritimes 15% here . Also I find this time a year summer time is worst time a year for plan deals even thou it mentioned back to school . It won’t be til sept or first week of sept that we will most likely see better back to school plans and certainly will see them come Black Friday/ Boxing Day deals aswell . So stay tuned better plans will come along again for even us existing customers 

Wayworn

Ok then -for arguments sake —-I take back the word shameful and replace it with deceitful. My reasoning is that when a supposedly  deal  is advertised to students as back to school offers it is usually assumed that students are given a pricing break. 

PS. Shouldn't this Post be moved to the lounge?

@Wayworn wrote:

Shameful on how unscrupulous providers seem to be . Noticed some Bell back to school- so called deals—- that are no deals at all. 

@Wayworn nothing to shame on, this is how the mobile market in Quebec looks like due to competitions

On the other hand, do you know generally Quebec pays far more in taxes and gas and travel and milk are usually more expensive?  Most jobs will pay less in Quebec but higher income tax compared with Ontario, too  

It is absolutely normal that not everywhere in Canada pay the same on everything

@Dunkman wrote:

Public mobile often matches the Quebec competitor pricing. If PM main competitors are not offering any real good deals, then PM will not offer them also.  

I would not use the word shameful to describe the pricing.  There is no virtue signalling with what they are doing.  It seems like somebody lost their way and put out plans for QC that make little sense.  The best way forward is to walk softly and carry a big stick.  Those will QC will hopefully shop wisely and keep walking.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Public mobile often matches the Quebec competitor pricing. If PM main competitors are not offering any real good deals, then PM will not offer them also.  

Wayworn

Shameful on how unscrupulous providers seem to be . Noticed some Bell back to school- so called deals—- that are no deals at all. 

Need Help? Let's chat.