cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation fail

Gensay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am a new user from Quebec. I moved my mobile line from Videotron to Public Mobile.

I have been using a physical SIM and now I moved to Public with an e-SIM.

Almost right away, I got a message from Videotron that the transfer request was made. I have waited 2 hours and I still don't get any message from Public Mobile.

The LTE data is working well, and the outgoing call is also working but the calls and messages are coming in. So I can't finish the activation process.

I am not sure what can I do.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Gensay

Thanks guys, the problem is resolved.

I called Telus, it turned out that my reply "YES" to Videotron wasn't delivered.

The rep retriggered the process and I called Videotron (since I can't receive the text message) to confirm my transfer.

captainjcrosbie

Oh! Well done. That was better than me haha. I think you might be good then. Even when support fixed things for me it was still broken from what I could tell. I went to bed thinking I would have to call in, and when I woke up the next day, everything was working properly. Transfer time can be long.

Gensay

I was also unsure which IMEI number to use. So I used the account number instead.
I think this also caused the same issue. I don't know. haha.

captainjcrosbie

I have made the same mistake twice now and I feel like it must be common...

When asked to add the IMEI number I put in the PHYSICAL SIM card IMEI number instead of the one available for esim.. this resulted in support having to correct it for me. When I did it that way it allowed some things to work, but most things were broken.

Gensay

Thanks,

Yes, I replied "YES" to the Videotron message.

I will call them tomorrow.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gensay 

you meant calls and messages not coming in?

did you reply YES to the Videotron text to approve the port?  this is a critical part of porting

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  But the center is closed now.    Call them tomorrow morning and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.