cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful porting: How long did it take and from which carrier?

Hmm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

From Rogers, it took about an hour this evening.I had to set up manually the APN settings and change my cellular band to WCDMA but everything seems to be working.

How long did it take to port your device?

23 REPLIES 23

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Welcome to the PM family @darin72 I'm glad everything went well.

darin72
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My port took about 30 minutes from rogers.  It was the easiest port and transtion I have ever done with any carrier.  Way to go Public Mobile Smiley Happy

Rockdaddy22
Don't worry, you'll have the last laugh. Don't ever miss a moment to remind your husband that he's wasting the families money on Rogers and you and your daughter are saving the family lots of money and getting better cell service. I know it can be frustrating, but just a little more patience is needed. @BossyJossy

Rockdaddy22
On another note, I might have experienced the fastest port ever lol :)🤑 My friend is thrilled 🤑

Had a temporary number with an account setup, used the change number feature to port a Koodo number and by the time I went from the computer to the living room to test the phone, it was already working. Not even 1 minute, it was beautiful. Used account number, full name and a temporary number.

BossyJossy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mary,

sorry about contacting another moderator... I'm getting desperate and worried. I think timing of things is confusing me:

I believe your message about the ticket was before I received a call from Telus.  I figured that when Telus called and left me a message that everythig should be fine now with PM, that your ticket was now resolved and closed.  

If you mean to say that my problems between Telus and PM still exists, and guarantee that my number won't be lost, then I'll try to find more patience.  Kinda hard since i've been waiting such a while, and I can't stand seeing my husband smirk that his phone works (from Rogers, even!), and my daughter hide her grin that I got her phone up and running and mine still isn't (and mine is from Telus).

Thanks, mary for understanding.

Rockdaddy22
@BossyJossy it seems like you were in contact with a mod yesterday, let's see what happens. Let the mods get to other people who haven't had any contact with them yet

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @cranston

I will be sending you a private message shortly 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

flexwong

Ported from Koodo last night and it took me about 15 minutes in total. Service was up and running in a matter of minutes. I followed what was recommended here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Koodo-mobile-porting/m-p/81757#M13812

Really quick and painless. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @BossyJossy

Thank you for your feedback!

Once again, I'd like to sincerely apologize for the delay in answering and for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Here are a few things:

1) When seeking assistance, make sure to only send one message to one moderator online including all the required information.

2) As mentioned yesterday, I was able to locate the source of the issue and a ticket has been submitted. Our porting department is working alongside our technical team to have this resolved asap. I can assure you that you will not lose your number! 

Response time may take longer than expected, therefor let's give our backend team the time to work on this and resolve it for you.

I hope this helps - and hang in there !

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

BossyJossy

Hi moderators,

I'd like to step to somewhere near the front of the line.  I'm sorry, It's just been way too long (7 whole days to be exact) and now I'm worried that my phone number which was ported over from Telus is being lost somewhere - I'm actually worried you won't be able to give it to me now.

My sim card is activated and works. My self-serve account was created. My phone plan was activated (confirmed by info in my self-serve acct and by moderator)..... But I have no phone or data service. And calling my cell number gives you a greeting that "the number you have reached is not in service".

HELP!

Raptors_416

Hi Mary,

I don't mean to hijack the topic but I am still waiting on a response from you. I would really really appreciate if you could please set me up a new # like I mentioned on the reply.

Thank you so much in advance for taking care of all our issues here !

@Mary_M

Rockdaddy22
Like I say, majority of problems aren't PM's fault 😞 They sure take all the blame though.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @alannasonfire

As mentioned in my private message, the number you tried porting over was not active with your old service provider. If you'd like to port in that number, please contact your OSP and have the account reactivated for porting purposes. Once this is done, send me a message including the # you want to transfer and the account # associated.

I hope this helps,

Mary

Thank you for everyone else for sharing your different porting experiences 🙂

Mary

cranston
I'm porting from Virgin and it has been 20 hours and counting. In the mean time, my PM sim is working with a new #. I hope it is normal.

alannasonfire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ported from Rogers, Day 5 now and I am still not receiving phone calls... 

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ported from early November and only took about 15 minutes. So far no problems.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I ported from Koodo and it took a minute or less for the port.

apple0315

It took me about 30 minutes from Fido

Great to hear from all of you folks who didn't have any issues. 

Enjoy Public Mobile services 🙂

chrismaslee

It was almost instanteous for me. Seamless transition from taking the Rogers card out to putting the PM card in.

Feels a little sad to lose my old plan, but man. Data is so liberating.

cphan0604
If you port from telus/koodo, it should only take a few minutes...

I did 2 from Rogers last week and everything went ok once I found out you couldn't set up AutoPay with an AMex or Visa Debit.  Though my Rogers sims still had service until the next morning my PM sims were functioning within an hour

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

danlouie

Last week I was able to port three numbers over from Telus (from a share plan), in about 2 hours.  Only hiccup was it wouldn't take my credit card on the third number, and I had to switch credit cards.  I found out later on the Community Boards, that 2 numbers on a credit card is max on Public Mobile's system.

Need Help? Let's chat.