cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscriptions/transfer Roger locked

Arendonk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ho,

tomorrow our contract at Roger is ending. Was planning to go for a subscription at Public mobile, but …..how does this work with a locked phone?

Do I need to do something?

or only start a subscription online at public mobile?

5 REPLIES 5

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

I had a phone from Rogers that was locked, just call them and they will give you the code to unlock it.  Bear in mind that your Rogers account must still be active if you want to port the same phone number to Public Mobile.  Are you sure the phone is locked?   I only found out when I actually tried to switch to PM

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Arendonk 

it is a locked phone from Rogers? better call them now and ask them for unlock code

Also, your contract ends tomorrow? Subscribe PM today and arrange for porting

Download the app on your phone, start the subscription there.  At the step about phone number, pick transfer and provide your Rogers account number and the phone number

Once activated,  make sure your phone is on with Rogers sim.  rogers will send you a message and ask you about porting.  Reply Yes to approve the port

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Arendonk 

if you are wanting to keep your current phone number I suggest not trying to beat the final bill date and to let your Rogers account go through to the next month as you will most likely encounter errors/issues with the activation process. I also suggest not using the esim method as it's straight garbage with many flaws

The phone should already be unlocked. Since 2017 Canadian carriers have had all phones unlocked. 😁

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Arendonk 

PM and other carriers will only work on unlocked phones.

If the phone is locked with Rogers , you can only go with Fido or Chatr.

Rogers can unlock the phone for you at no charge if you contact them then you can go with all carriers.

Need Help? Let's chat.