cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stull receiving texts on public mobile device but number was ported to another provider

AidenS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Still receiving some messages on old phone with public mobile sim though number was ported to another provider. I am receiving most messages on new phone with new service. Once my number was ported I could not access public mobile account to ensure subscription was cancelled. What can I do? 

8 REPLIES 8

@AidenS 

Public Mobile does not provide over the phone customer service. The toll free number is entirely automated.

AidenS

My god an actual person number.. thanks!

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you should be all fine with PM account got cancelled 

you can also confirming calling 1-855-4PUBLIC and enter your number.  The system should not be able to find you account and it confirms your account cancelled 

AidenS

Ok, that phone just died so will try once it gets some charge. It is an iPhone so what you said about imessage makes sense

EB0

@AidenS 

Once you ported out, your account will be canceled, you will be no longer able to check your account 

You may need to ask CSA by submitting a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html 

Type Customer Service and follow the prompts. If you are having any issues, here is a direct link by sending a private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

slusagm

can you make phone calls??

if not, the text you got likely from iMessage or RCS.  Go to the setting of the app and disable it.

or if you want to test it is not from SMS in PM network, remove the PM sim, leave Wifi on and you should still get those text because those iMessage/RCS works on Wifi 

AidenS

Did that. Receiving texts on new phone since Thursday but received one on old phone today. I can't get back in to account online to see if subscription cancelled. Once the number was ported, I could not get in to account so I figured that meant it was cancelled 

EB0

@AidenS 

It’s weird, once porting is completed, the public mobile SIM should be deactivated, it not supposed to work anymore.

try to restart both the old phone with public mobile and the new phone with the new service, it may resolve your issue 

Need Help? Let's chat.