cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in incomplete port for over a week now!

lukecraig
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported from Rogers over a week ago and am stuck in the dreaded "incomplete port" status, where I esentially have serivce on both my Rogers and Public Mobile (minus being able to receive calls). I have emailed @Shazia_K and @Mary_M however there has been no response from them. I have patiently waited and havent caused a fuss but need the port to be finalized as I am paying for two services (which defeats the point of switching for a cheaper plan) it is now costing my double!

A bit frustrating as I am having to carry around 2 phones, hoping this can be fixed, thank you!

132 REPLIES 132

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
If anybody in the future should ever read this. When doing a port please stick with account numbers whenever possible.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mohamed_mohamed

The port had failed due to the wrong PIN # provided, I just resubmitted the request with the Chat-r account # and it failed again. 

Can you confirm the account # please?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

WayneWW

Hi Shazia @Shazia_K,

I have been trying to contact you regarding a incomplete port with Rogers since last Thursday and have been replying to discussions that you have been seeming to respond to with no response. I have sent all my details via private message last Thursday and will send to you again now. I registered with my Rogers account number and not my imei as I am changing phones shortly. And wondering if you could please complete the port. #2576-8280 Thank you! 

Wayne

mohamed_mohamed
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rockdaddy22 @Shazia_K yes I have included old acc#, phone#, SIM#, PIN# 

Rockdaddy22
Ok the one a few minutes ago, did it include all your info?

mohamed_mohamed

@Rockdaddy22 @Shazia_K I sent the private message with all info about 5 days ago and also I sent another one few minutes ago

Rockdaddy22
When did you send the private message

mohamed_mohamed

@Shazia_K Would you please look into my account I have ported over a week but I still can not receive calls or texts. I have already sent a private message with all required info. Please help

Fuzzy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Shazia_K Can you look at my account too? My phone still has not been ported. I've also waited a long time with no reply, plus my credit card was also charged twice!

gonzy187
Hey @Shazia_K I have a same issue. Can you please look into this. Thanks.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @abotts

I just took a quick look into your account and I see that the port has completed, however, there is a little issue with your SIM card. 

Please rest assured that I have sent a ticket to our tech team, they will get this fixed shortly!

Periodically, try rebooting your phone in about 30 minutes. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
She really is the best 🙂 Hope everything's good @pzmartinez

pzmartinez

Thank you @Shazia_K !! 

Rockdaddy22
@abotts you've definitely waited long enough. Hopefully Shaz has time to get to you today. If you sent her all the correct info, she should be able to get it done.

abotts
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Shazia I am in the same boat.  I have Pm'd you all my information to help resolve this issue.

I appreciate and recogonzie you and rest of the MODS are working hard to  resolve the issues.  Thank you and hopefully we all can get our issues resolved.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @pzmartinez

The port had failed due to the wrong IMEI # provided, I just resubmitted the request with the Rogers account #.  

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone !

Thanks,

Shazia

Rockdaddy22
You might have to wait a bit for that. There's so many like you that need help at the moment.

lukecraig

Thank you @Shazia_K and @Rockdaddy22 got the text, rebooted my phone and everything works properly now. Due to my negative experience, would it be possible to restart my plan to the original minutes and data? Most of my usage has been trying to get this sorted out. Whatever you can do would be appriciated. Thanks!

pzmartinez

@Shazia_K Hi Shazia,

I have been trying to contact you regarding a incomplete port with Rogers since Friday and have been replying to discussions that you have been seeming to respond to with no response. I have sent all my details via private message yesterday. And wondering if you could please complete the port. Thank you!

lukecraig

Thank you again @Rockdaddy22, I will have an update hopefully within a couple hours as @Shazia_K had mentioned previously. If you could make account number mandatory next time I think this will help with issues this has caused, just as feedback. 

Rockdaddy22

So would I lol It shouldn't be long now until your up and running.

lukecraig

Thank you @Shazia_K and @Rockdaddy22 I hope this has fixed the problem. I will confirm once I get the confirmation text. Yes I would recommend using account number (I would suggest making this a mandatory field). Thank you once again I appriciate it!

Rockdaddy22
If anyone else ever reads this, stick to account numbers when porting. Looks like you'll be all good in minutes 🙂

Thanks so much Shaz, you really are the best 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@lukecraig

The port had failed due to the wrong IMEI # provided, I just resubmitted the request with the Rogers account #. 

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

Rockdaddy22
Did you include all the info? If so, she should be able to fix you up real quick. Trust when I say, that we're all extremely sorry for your long wait. You're definitely not alone, not that it helps.

lukecraig

I just sent you a message in private @Shazia_K

Rockdaddy22
Your dealing with the best here, just do what she says and she'll fix you up.

Dave has acknowledged the issues

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Moving-forward-together/m-p/105074#M7153

lukecraig

Sorry Im just frustrated with the lack of response, I know everyone is overwhelmed but telus should put more hands on deck with a promo like this besides two people. Can someone please help @Shazia_K @Mary_M I have just messaged you all my details again a few minutes ago, please please help!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @lukecraig

I'm really sorry for the long wait, 

Can you please send me a private message with all the requested info as per @Rockdaddy22's last post here? 

Awaiting for your response. 

Shazia

Rockdaddy22
Just have your info ready if a mod asks for it today.
Rogers account number
Phone number you're trying to port
Sim number
Full name
Need Help? Let's chat.